Total: 404247197
Today: 16787
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

July 19 Patch - New NM/BCNM

Page: 1 of 4Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-19 04:34:46
This is for all discussion and info about the new NMs and BCNMs added in the July 19 patch. Note that there weren't any "official" BCNMs added in the patch, but there were battlefields added that allow you to re-fight some of the mobs from the Chains of Promathia missions. If they are set up like the older Ouryu Cometh fight, we'll consider them BCNMs for our catagorization purposes. All other regular new NMs can be discussed here, as well.

Please post all info about new NMs and BCNMs here.

Posted: 2005-07-19 22:57:48
Name: Orcish Panzer
Pos: Fort Ghelsba (G-8)
Type: Warmachine
HP: 844 More or less
Drop: Gil only this time

if you need a pic of it email me

hope this helps.

Posted: 2005-07-20 01:14:44
New NM outside the entrance to SSG.

I don't recall the name, forgot to screenie and had to log for a sec, so I can't look it up atm.

Anyhoo, drops Oliphant, the new lv 40 BRD horn.

Mob is a WHM Sagahin, approximately 3000 HP, easily solo'd by a lv 75 char. It has Auto-Regen and uses Benediction. BLM I duo'd it with (we stumbled on it by accident at about the same time) said it had strong enough Auto-Regen that he couldn't have killed it quickly with staff damage.

The NM dropped gil and the horn only.

Posted: 2005-07-20 02:31:46
Just thought I'd give info on an NM I saw someone fighting.

Name: Bo'Who Warmonger
Position: Pashhow Marshlands K-10
Type: Quadav
Job: Paladin
Unknown what the spawn terms are.
Drops: Tortoise Shield (according to thf who killed it)

Posted: 2005-07-20 13:44:32
Bendigeit Vran
Konschtat Highlands
F-6ish
about 800 hps
Drops the Rogetsurin

Posted: 2005-07-20 16:08:04
There is a new NM on the ferry between Selbina and Mhaura. I was hunting the phantom for Ice Spikes when the pirates showed up. There was a 61 blm/whm on board and they were killing Ship Wights but leaving the Crossbones alone which is what makes me suspect that this is a lottery pop from Ship Wight. it is called Silverhook. it cast Blizard 3 on another person who was /anon for over 700 damage and then hit him with a phisical attack for almost 300, and that finished him. I had sneak up as it was simply to try to pick the phantom from the crossbones without agro and it left me alone. the same cant be said for the blm/whm who was the next victim. Cure 3 and a upper tier fire spell dident even budge his life bar and the blm was down in 3-4 hits. This new NM makes the sea horror look like a sissy.

Posted: 2005-07-21 01:48:13
I just got the Pilgrim's Wand off of Nunyenunc in West Sarutabaruta. Nunyenunc is a bird and he popped in the North part of (H-5) up by the cliff and between the cliff and some rocks. Not sure what level he is but Berserk, Barrage, Sharpshot killed him on my RNG30. He dropped the wand and nothing else. I was killing crows in the area but I don't know if he's lotto pop or what.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-22 00:26:23
Thanks for the info, everyone. Many of these have been added, and are now listed in the New NM section in the Compilation of Info. The rest will be added tomorrow, along with the rest of the known new NMs.

There are a handful of questions regarding the NMs that have already been entered, which would be great to have answered:

1. Exactly how do all the Antlions NMs in Attohwa spawn, including the Ambusher one?

2. Where are the locations of the ??? used to spawn the two NMs in Carpenters' Landing; is the Hercules Beetle indeed the one spawned with Honey, that drops the Black Hose?

3. Verify monster family for the Demonic Tiphia in Crawlers' Nest as a Bee.

Thanks in advance for any help given to help clear these things up. If any info is missing or incorrect in the NM section, please let us know as well so it can be fixed.

Posted: 2005-07-22 00:57:26
Quote from: Cuer
Thanks for the info, everyone. Many of these have been added, and are now listed in the New NM section in the Compilation of Info. The rest will be added tomorrow, along with the rest of the known new NMs.

There are a handful of questions regarding the NMs that have already been entered, which would be great to have answered:

1. Exactly how do all the Antlions NMs in Attohwa spawn, including the Ambusher one?

2. Where are the locations of the ??? used to spawn the two NMs in Carpenters' Landing; is the Hercules Beetle indeed the one spawned with Honey, that drops the Black Hose?

3. Verify monster family for the Demonic Tiphia in Crawlers' Nest as a Bee.

Thanks in advance for any help given to help clear these things up. If any info is missing or incorrect in the NM section, please let us know as well so it can be fixed.

Demonic Tiphia is a Bee. Drops Tiphia Sting. Casts Cure5, Erase, Sleepga2. Easily defeated with 5x75; it didn't touch me as mnk/18nin. Placeheld by Wespes at G-7/G-8.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-22 10:43:02
Quote from: Aurik
Demonic Tiphia is a Bee. Drops Tiphia Sting. Casts Cure5, Erase, Sleepga2. Easily defeated with 5x75; it didn't touch me as mnk/18nin. Placeheld by Wespes at G-7/G-8.

Excellent info, thanks; the NM has been updated.

Posted: 2005-07-22 16:23:39
new HNM "King Vinegarroon" in West Altep Desert

we found him up... but not sure of pop conditions, he raped us.

This thing is no joke, Massive AoE draw in of entire alliance anywhere in zone and anyone with hate, with 300-600 dmg + long ass stun on draw in.

Our LS is very experienced in HNM battles, and we couldnt get it past 97% due to the INSANE regen

Nukes are half damage, hit a PLD with WS for like 1800, every hit has added effect: Petrify

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=67381&d=30
http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3549
for more info

Would of loved to beat it... but he depopped on us after everyone around it died.. and has yet to resurface.

Speculations are Double Earth Weather on Earth Day at night.. but unknown for now.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-22 21:57:48
Thanks for the continued info, folks. The NM Section of the compilation of info was updated further. There are over 40 NMs listed there now, but still another 20+ to go... keep the info coming, and I'll get it all in eventually!

Posted: 2005-07-23 02:47:24
Just a little info I've gathered on Edacious Opo-opo so far

the ??? has a cooldown of 15 mins, and several is an understatement for the amount of pamamas...i've had it take from 1 to 25 so far to get the nm to spawn, and as a side note the drop isnt 100%

also, it drops pamamas

Posted: 2005-07-23 21:07:15
I traded 84 Pamamas before I ran out. Never popped. Kept asking for more.

Posted: 2005-07-23 21:52:13
King Vinegarroon's pop conditions are confirmed to be double earth weather, likely after the 21hr mark of his death.

Hes been seen 3 times in 1 day so we know his despawning doesnt affect repop, and hes been seen popped during day.

Killed once by ParadiseOblivion LS on Midgardsomr, Confirmed drop of Ace Helm
Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-23 22:04:57
Alright, all the new NMs have been updated and a bunch of new ones added, all listed in the NM section linked above.

Keep those posts coming, and I'll keep updating it!

Posted: 2005-07-24 00:13:03
Fraelissa or Jugner Forest also drops ebony log, and rosewood log.

Posted: 2005-07-24 04:18:30
Update for NM Yara Ma Yha Who in Tahrongi Canyon. You don't need to trade the Distilled Water 3 game days in a row. I did one at noon, next at midnight, last at 1 AM and it spawned NM, so length between waterings seems irrelevant.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-07-24 13:28:08
Thanks for the info, folks; the NMs have been updated.

Posted: 2005-07-24 19:06:11
New NM Jailer of Faith
Trade a High-Quality Euvhi Organ to the ??? on the second map of the garden of ruhemet to spawn this nm. ??? moves around between H5, E7, F11, J11, K7. The HQ organ drops from the Euvhi type mobs.

Jailer of Faith drops
Faith Baghnakhs
Faith Torque
Third Virtue
Deed of Placidity
Page: 1 of 4Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..