Total: 404246748
Today: 16338
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

July 19 Patch - New NM/BCNM

Page: 4 of 4Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Posted: 2005-09-07 09:26:08
I solo'd Meww the Turtlerider 2 days ago (level 62 THF/NIN). It was a pretty long fight but very easy, the NM couldn't remove my shadows fast enough to touch me. After a while, he did Benediction for 2500 HP. He didn't cure himself at all (except with Benediction), and I didn't notice any Auto-Regen, but I didn't pay attention. He only (tried to) cast Dia II, Banish II and - I think - Silence.

I received 23xp when I killed him, but no drop >_< Failed to steal twice from him as well.

I went there again yesterday, but there was a high level bard killing it (even more slowly than me ^^). Too bad, I'll check again tonight though :)
Administrator

Posted: 2005-09-12 17:52:12
Thanks for the info, folks; Mycophile, Hercules Beetle, and Meww the Turtlerider were updated accordingly.

Keep reporting how much xp is gained, and any other details from these latest NMs, and we'll get them all updated.

Posted: 2005-09-14 10:29:58
More info on the Jailers in {sea}:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/laetis/44949.html

This is a pretty complete collection of information on how the sea gods are popped, and what they drop.

Posted: 2005-09-17 17:11:14
I've been on an nm spree since I just started playing again for first time since May. Here's what I've learned.

All the new lv10 or so NM's seems to be 100% drop rate, I've now aquired three Optical Earring, three Katayama-Ichimonji, several Gassen, and several Pilgrim's Wand. All were 100% drop rate from my experiance.

As for Meww the Turtlerider, I've killed him three days in a row since maintenance. Each time as either 70whm/35thf, or 70whm/35war. He has a rather annoying regen, I'd say about equivalent to constant regen 1.5->2. He cast banish II, Dia II, Silence, Slow, Para, and Stoneskin, and uses Benediction around 50% as the other person said. When he spawns he has a one Creek and one Stream Sahagin spawn with him and they do not leave him even with carby pull. He seems to have very high def, equivalent to exp mobs for my lvl, yet he hits only a tiny bit harder then the regular Sahagin in this area. He is easily debuffed with slience, slow, para, and dia II(didn't have any others to try with melee SJ's). As for drop rate, he's about I'm 2 for 3 on him getting the Oliphant, having gotten the drop with both war and thf SJ's.

Edacious Opo-opo, he took me about 7 kills to get drop, and ranged anywhere from 5-50 pamamas to pop him. He is a rough solo at lv70 whm/smn, but he would be easy as pie with nin sj for any job at 70. He uses special Magical Fruit occasionally the cures about 350-1000hp. He has a blind special attack as well.

Mycophile's drop rate is about 25%, with TH2 it jumps to about 75% from my experiance.

Hope some of this helps, gonna go after a few more of the new nm, including some more attempts to pop Noble Mold.

Posted: 2005-09-18 04:50:29
New note from Tonights Meww fight:
He also cast Flash, Haste, and Stona(why he cast this I do not know). I'm now at 50% drop rate. He failed to drop tonight.

Posted: 2005-09-27 21:43:15
i was walking around west ron and i was goliath bettle idk if it spawned by honey or not but i killed it easly with my 20rdm/10whm i killed it near the moutins on the east side near the southern east ron zone.
sencirly,
Blackjinx
Page: 4 of 4Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..