|The following information details the item, recipe, guild and NPC changes that went in with the Chains of Promathia expansion. These changes primarily can be accessed even if someone does not own the exapansion; the raw materials can be sold on the Auction House and crafted by anyone. These are from the patches that set up the expansion: the main one on September 13, and a fixing patch on October 6. Every item added in those patches is listed below, along with NPC changes. This news item will be updated regularly as more information becomes available.|
- Direct link to this news item
- New regional merchants were added with the September 13 patch, and are all listed below.
- More than 150 new items list below have recipes, including the new ingredients that require crafting tools to be synthesized. Over a dozen new sales are available at NPC merchants, including both new and old items.
- All the items listed below are from the September 13 patch. Any item marked with an asterisk (*) has a recipe in the database (recipes cover both standard and HQ results,) or other information about how it's obtained. Any food items marked with a plus (+) have their stats listed.
- Last updated on January 31, 2005 at 4:15PM EDT; this news was fixed up to reflect information gained in the months since this patch went in.
Click on More to read the rest of this news item.
New Crafting Tool Key Items
New key items are available for purchase with Guild Points at all the crafting (and fishing) guilds. All the ones from crafting guilds are required in order to make some brand new recipes that were added.
What do these things do, anyway?
Having one of these key items lets you craft recipes that wouldn't be otherwise available. There are new recipes available from the Sept 13 patch that require having one of these keyitems to craft them. Once you have a Guild Point keyitem you can use it to make as many recipes as you like; it is a tool that unlocks new recipes, not an ingredient. Once you have the tool you can keep it and make as many of the recipes as you wish. You can get as many different Guild Point keyitems as you like, if you acquire enough Guild Points. Of course, you can only be commissioned with one guild at a time to gain and spend points, so this will take a while.
New recipes? Like what?
The cooking guild has a bundle of new sushi recipes that all require Raw Fish Handling. Alchemy has a lot of new anima-related recipes that require Anima Synthesis. Fishing has Frog Fishing for some of the newer amphibians, and Woodworking crafters with the Lumberjack keyitem can do new higher level recipes that create more lumber per log synth'd. The rest of the recipes require the Purification and Ensorcellment keyitems, which are used to make certain special crafting materials that are then utilized to make all that new Enchantment equipment and weapons. These new crafting materials are listed below, near the bottom. Recipes that utilize these new crafting tools are listed below; you can also use the recipe search to pull up recipes that require a specific crafting tool.
How do I get these tools?
You purchase them with Guild Points, which are obtained by turning in specific crafted items to the Guildworker's Union Representative at the respective guilds. Look for the NPC at your guild with the funky apron on, and they'll explain it all.
The New Tools
New Regional Merchants
Regional merchants were added for three regions with this patch, providing goods for the two new Chains of Promathia regions, Movalpolos and Tavnazian Archipelago, as well as adding merchants for the old region of Qufim.
- Movalpolos Regional Merchants merchandise is:
- Bagnobrok in Bastok Port.
- Vendavoq in San d'Oria North.
- Prestapiq in Windurst Waters North.
- Tavnazian Archipelago Regional Merchants: these regional merchants only sell items to characters who have reached chapter 4 of the Chains of Promathia missions. Their merchandise is:
- Emaliveulaux in Bastok Mines.
- Deguerendars in San d'Oria Port.
- Alizabe in Windurst Port.
New NPC Sales
Ten new sets of armor went in with the expansion, along with a few dozen other individual armor pieces. All of the full armor sets can be crafted, and their recipes are now known, with the October 6 patch. Some of the individual armor pieces can be crafted; all the armor that has a known recipe is marked with an asterisk (*) by it.
Barone/Conte Set - Level 70 Warrior and Dragoon armor
Bison/Brave's Set - Level 71 Beastmaster armor
Eisen/Kampf Set - Level 29 Paladin and Warrior armor
Garish/Rubious Set - Level 30 Bard, Monk, Paladin, Red Mage, Ranger armor
Igqira/Genie Set - Level 73 Black Mage armor
Mist Set - Level 30 Bard, Monk, Paladin, Red Mage, Ranger armor with evasion Enchantment
Noct Set - Level 30 Ranger and Thief armor
Shade Set - Level 25 WAR/MNK/RDM/THF/PLD/DRK/BST/BRD/SAM/NIN/DRG armor
Sha'ir/Sheikh Set - Level 72 Bard armor
Seer's Set - Level 29 Black Mage, Summoner, White Mage armor
Conquest Point Items
Recipes For Old Items
New Raw Materials
- These anima are items that are created through a mini-quest, that can help when killing the boss NM mobs in the new missions. They include: Terroanima, Hysteroanima, Psychoanima
- The Recollection and Memosphere items are also used in the Promyvion missions.
- White Memosphere, Indigo Memosphere, Beryl Memosphere, Teal Memosphere
- Recollection Of Guilt, Recollection Of Pain, Recollection Of Fear
- The Memory items are dropped throughout Promyvion, and are used in alchemy synthesis to create the anima materials used in various new recipes: Malevolent Memory, Radiant Memory, Somber Memory, Startling Memory, Profane Memory, Fleeting Memory, Bitter Memory, Burning Memory
- A number of new Exclusive items went in, and some of them have reportedly been dropping from beastmen in regular, non-Chains of Promathia zones. Others are only found in CoP zones. These are all used in new Chains of Promathia quests. They include: Fernan's Diaries, Naphille Pochette, Counterfeit Gil, Eastern Paper, Nyumomo Doll, Soiled Letter, Warding Oil, Giant Scale, Hippogryph Tailfeather, Moblin Hotrok, Ordrynite, Garhada Teak Lumber, Egret Fishing Rod, Snow Lily, Extra-Fine File, Spruce Lumber, Magicked Steel, Habaneros, Gray Chip, Cyanogen Chip, Carmine Chip, Cleanly Snapped Rod, Cluster Core, Chameleon Diamond, Shu'Meyo Salt, Blackened Siredon, Mistmelt, Regain Feather, Rebirth Feather, Revive Feather, Blaze Feather, Fire Feather, Tavnazian Liver
- A large number of new Rare/Exclusive medicine items went in, with various powerful boosts. These items are available as items in Ballista. The new exclusive medicines are: Barwater Ointment, Barthunder Ointment, Barstone Ointment, Baraero Ointment, Barblizzard Ointment, Barfire Ointment, Drachenessence, Celestial Incense, Spiritual Incense, Carnal Incense, Wizard's Drink, Giant's Drink.
- New keys: Gold Key, Bronze Key, Coral Crest Key, Sealion Crest Key, Pso'Xja Chest Key, Newton Chest Key, Oldton Chest Key, Sacrarium Chest Key.
- Other random items added in the patch are listed here, used in quests or missions.
- Yellow Liquid