Total: 404255344
Today: 24934
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

100% drops

Page: 1 of 2Page 1 | 2

Posted: 2005-05-31 12:23:18
Any chance you could indicate which items are 100% drops from mobs and which aren't? This would be really useful to know when trying to convince people to come help you camp something, for example :). For instance I know the Joyeuse is a 100% drop, but I'm not sure if the Gae Bolg is.

As for how to display it, instead of just saying "Items dropped:", you could have two listings: one that says "Possible drops:" and another underneath which says "Guaranteed drops:". After you implement the feature, by default all items would be listed under "Possible drops" until proven otherwise (or until you have time to update them one by one).
Administrator

Posted: 2005-05-31 23:07:51
Thanks for the suggestion; that is some information that is pertinent, for sure.

I doubt we'll be able to switch the code around to list two different "drops" from items, but I can certainly put information in the mob's comments detailing items that always drop. A few other mobs already had that; I've updated Charybdis to also reflect the drop for the Joyeuse. If there are other drops from NMs that can be verified as consistent drops, those can be listed that way as well.

Posted: 2005-06-01 20:56:41
Other 100% drops:
Namtar -- 100% Namtar Bone
Masan -- 100% Pigeon's Blood Ruby
Sea Hog -- 100% Southern Pearl

Other info: Namtar is placeheld by only the 2 BLM-type ghasts on the west side of the room. Also, I think Sea Hog is 2hr and not placeheld but I could be wrong.

Posted: 2005-06-02 05:36:03
Toreador's Cape is 100% drop.

Tatami Shield / Ugglapeia Pendant are supposedly 100% drop rate when the NM is spawned with a HQ item (Rumor of course...though my LS went 6/6 on Gration with 5 NQ's and 1 HQ).

Posted: 2005-06-03 02:19:25
Aquarius in Boyahda Tree has a 100% drop rate on Fransisca.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-03 12:26:27
Thanks for the info, everyone; all those drops have been updated.

Other info: Namtar is placeheld by only the 2 BLM-type ghasts on the west side of the room. Also, I think Sea Hog is 2hr and not placeheld but I could be wrong.

I updated Namtar to essentially reflect this; everything I found on Sea Hog referred to it as a lottery spawn, not a timed pop, so that one wasn't changed.

Tatami Shield / Ugglapeia Pendant are supposedly 100% drop rate when the NM is spawned with a HQ item (Rumor of course...though my LS went 6/6 on Gration with 5 NQ's and 1 HQ).

Supposedly that's how all those new NM drops are, when the NM is spawned by a crafted item which has a HQ version. I haven't been able to verify it yet; given the fact that most of these new items seem to drop at a fairly high rate anyway, and the rarity of a HQ result from that sort of recipe, it's hard to know. I guess we'll have to see if anyone does not get a drop from one of the new HQ-spawned NM.

Posted: 2005-06-07 14:17:47
Optical hat is 100% drop, Jelly ring is 100% drop too I believe.

Posted: 2005-06-07 15:14:52
Dune Widow always seems to drop at least 1 spider web and as many as 3.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-08 00:11:42
Excellent info; the Optical Hat and Spider Web drops have been noted on their respective mobs. Is it known for certain if the Jelly Ring always drops?

Posted: 2005-06-08 09:40:58
The gems and stones used to spawn the Tu'Lia gods are 100% drops, as are the winds that the gods drop.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-08 13:53:13
Quote from: Ichthyos
The gems and stones used to spawn the Tu'Lia gods are 100% drops, as are the winds that the gods drop.

Thanks for the info; the mobs that drop those have all been updated accordingly.

Posted: 2005-06-08 15:31:48
I can't testify to Jelly Ring drop rate from first hand experience but I have had 3 LS mates go and kill that particular NM in the past 2 months and all three got their ring on the first kill. In LS chat I have also not heard from any of the other 2 people that have it that it didn't drop for them. Don't know if this helps but at least it's 3/3 on drop rate.

Posted: 2005-06-08 17:56:21
Jelly ring is indeed 100%.
Mary's Milk is 100% from Stray Mary.
Steam Clock is 100% from Bubbly Bernie.
Habetrot always drops at least 1 twincoon. I believe he can drop up to 4.
Namtar also always drops at least 1 bone chip.
I believe Ungur Boomerang is 100%, but someone will have to back me up on that.

Posted: 2005-06-09 03:06:03
Oops, forgot to mention that the Bomb Queen Ring is also 100%.

Posted: 2005-06-10 09:58:14
Mimics are also 100% on their respective coffer keys.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-18 14:48:48
Thanks for the info, folks; these known 100% drops have been added to the standard mobs. The Mimic drops will be filled in the next time the Chest and Coffer Guide is updated.

Posted: 2005-06-18 23:38:59
Quote from: Ichthyos
Mimics are also 100% on their respective coffer keys.

Mimics in Pso`xja [sp] will not always drop their keys. A friend and I spent hours finding mimics and defeating them looking for the actual real chests. >.o
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-20 13:50:38
Quote from: Lurka
Mimics in Pso`xja [sp] will not always drop their keys. A friend and I spent hours finding mimics and defeating them looking for the actual real chests. >.o

Ah, there may be some confusion there based on the mob names. Assuming I understand this correctly, the Mimics that always drop a coffer key are all named "Mimic", and only load from a failed pick on a coffer. The ones in Pso'Xja are of the Mimic monster family, but do not work the same as Mimics from coffers. You are certainly correct that they do not always drop a Pso'Xja Chest Key; I've killed quite a few of them without getting a drop myself, as well.

Posted: 2005-06-20 15:11:59
Yeah, I think the ones in Pso'Xja are called Treasure Chests instead of Mimics.

Posted: 2005-06-21 12:21:55
Um . . . Jaggedy-Eared Jack is 100% on at least one rabbit hide (not that anyone would care).
Page: 1 of 2Page 1 | 2
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..