Total: 404676563
Today: 854
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Gardening Database (and new recipes)

Page: 2 of 2Page 1 | 2
Staff Member

Posted: 2006-02-26 12:20:47
The wooden flowerpot is obtained through the Inside the Belly quest. In order to activate that quest, you must have 28 fishing (or higher) and down 3 prequests.

What you must do is turn in Bhelfel Marlins in to Zaldon, who will them gut them to see if there is anything inside. These fish can be fished up (of course), bought off the AH, or bought from the fishing guild (and as many as you need, I'd recommend this if you don't mind spending the 8k/per fish).

There are several items you may receive, including 2 charts. A Brigand's Chart, and a Pirate's Chart. Each chart will put you and your party into a level 20-capped BC fight, in which a maximum of 3 people can be. There will be no warning, really, the monsters will just come all at once and start beating your ass. After beating the monsters, open the chest. You can get quite a few things, including a Wooden Flowerpot for the Brigand's Chart.

Posted: 2006-02-27 08:37:16
Thank you so much ! Gonna try that soon !

Posted: 2006-03-05 05:14:25
Arcane Pot - Tree Sapling + Wind Crystal + Wind Crystal
42 Windurstian Tea Leaves.

Posted: 2006-03-20 09:56:30
Ok got a wierd harvest the other day from tree cuttings and thought i'd share. Planted 5 tree cuttings in brass pots on dark day (24% waxing), feed dark crystal on fireday (70% Warning), didnt feed on second, harvested on water day (45% waxing) and got 3 different results
(not sure if % are 100% correct)

Harvest...

13 bronze nuggets ( not what i was after )
3 tree sapling ( not expected as i feed them a crystal )
14 bronze nuggets ( getting a bad feeling about this )
2 Gold beastcoins ( what i wanted yay! )
3 tree sapling....

Reason it was wierd was because of the saplings i got as i feed them a crystal....

Has this happened to anyone else lately?

Posted: 2006-05-02 10:29:27
ok here's my question... i've been gardening for a while i guess, but i've been getting random results. i found somepage through a friend of mine and found the recipes for gardening. so i know now what i needed... problem is i can't find any of them. what i need is wooden flowerpots the auction houses all over are way to expesive that's IF they even have any. the question is... where do i get my hands on some wooden flowerpots? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 2006-05-26 20:02:34
I did the quest that gives you Cactus Stems. I dont know what day I planted them but heres what I got:

Porc. Flowerpot

Cactus stems
Crystal 1: Wind
Crystal 2: Wind
Result : 3 green rocks

Posted: 2006-06-21 11:55:48
How long does it take for tree cuttins to grow into saplings, and saplings to grow (hopefully) into ore?

Posted: 2006-07-02 21:55:51
I personally haven't tried yet but from what I heard it can take about 3 weeks...it was either three weeks for saplings to grow ores or three weeks for cuttings to become saplings and saplings to grow ores. Cant remember...If anyone knows different please correct me^^

Posted: 2006-07-09 01:29:12
I'm growing now. The cuttings have just entered their second crystal feed cycle after a little under a week. I anticipate they will be ready soon. If it will help people trying to grow ores, I will time it, and tell you what my house looks like, etc etc. Gonna be a loooong few weeks methinks...

I have heard 3-4 weeks mentioned a lot, and always in conjunction with saplings -> ore, never cuttings->saplings->ore. Ores on Ifrit are currently going for 300-450k

Posted: 2006-07-31 13:20:13
OK, I've been playing with Arcane flowerpots since they came off Rare, hoping that grain + dark can only make Tarutaru rice. I forget when I planted (sorry) but I harvested on Windsday, Waning Crescent at 21% (dont laugh! I thought it was a gurenteed result). From my 3 pots, I harvested:

7 Coral Fungi
7 Light Crystals
6 Light Crystals

Could do with an update :(

Posted: 2006-08-28 11:34:52
Arcane Flowerpot-no crystal x2= possibly shell bugs as well
Brass Flowerpot-water crystal x2= possibly water ore as well

Posted: 2006-08-30 21:49:43
Orz, now THAT sucks >.<

Posted: 2006-09-14 22:32:37
here are my results so far (unfortunately i cant find the paper i wrote the moon phases n elementday on)

Brass pot + wildgrass seed + ice = 10 gysahl greens
12 gysahl greens

Brass pot + wildgrass seed + earth = 11 little worms
5 vomp carrots
7 lightning crystals
6 little worms
yellow rock
yellow rock

Brass pot + wildgrass seed + water = 14 tokopekko wildgrass
6 tokopekko wildgrass
20 fire crystals
18 fire crystals
11 sharug greens
15 tokopekko wildgrass

Brass pot + wildgrass seed + fire = 8 Garidav wildgrass
3 ice crystals

Porcelain pot + wildgrass seed + water = 8 gysahl greens

Porcelain pot + wildgrass seed + fire = 15 garidav greens

i know one or two of these results havent been put in the search results for the gardening section of somepage
hope this helps

one last thing does anyone know of a good way to get the carrots as a result..as u can see above im having trouble getting them ^^;

Posted: 2006-09-21 22:46:29
Planted some fruit seeds on lightsday trying for light crystals.

Gave them one dark crystal on lights day and received a mix of items. Harvested on earthday, just because of time constraints, didn't think I would be able to do them on lightsday again...moon at 98%.

Anything from 2-4 light crystals, as what I expected.

But also got some yag cherries, coral fungus and some danceshrooms...

Just to warn anyone that is trying to grow the light crystals, you get more than just the crystals now.

Posted: 2006-10-07 14:13:43
Brass Flower Pot
Tree Cutting
No Cyrstal
No Crystal
==========
Got Rock Salt x3

Posted: 2006-11-16 10:43:31
Brass Pot + No Crystal + Wildgrass Seeds: 1 Gregarious Worm
Porcelain Pot + No Crystal + Wildgrass Seeds: 2-4 Gregarious Worms

See Data here: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/crafting-synthesis/59754-gardening-wild-grass-seeds-2.html

Posted: 2007-01-13 03:58:35
can we get results for arcane + cutting + light + light?

Posted: 2007-02-16 15:57:44
from what i wrote down it took 17 days for tree cuttings to grow into saplings

Posted: 2007-02-22 20:19:44
do it on darkdays only, or feed your crystals on darkdays, examine your plants only on darkdays.

Posted: 2007-06-25 20:17:56
how do i add a second crystal to me plants? i know how to give it one but i cant figure out how to give it 2?
Page: 2 of 2Page 1 | 2
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..