Total: 404228531
Today: 14221
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Cerberus

Posted: 2006-04-24 14:56:52
I read a little on this guy from my server's forum on KI

apparently it seems he is defiantely an HNM, he is resistant to most forms of magic and is HUGE.

I'll bring up more when I find more info.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-04-24 15:05:47
Thanks for the feedback; we certainly are looking for accurate information regarding the new mobs. Please post all of that info in the Monsters of ToAU topic, so it is easy to find and reference later on.

Thanks!

Posted: 2006-05-03 18:25:19
This has most likely been said, but Ceberus's Drops are...

Cerberus Hide
Cerberus Claw
Algol

Posted: 2006-05-10 18:30:27
it also seems to be true sight/sound , i had tested on my whm with sneak/invis and it instantly turned from behind {could of just turned then aggroed } and pummeled my lvl 33 face in

Posted: 2006-05-11 16:40:52
Or it could be one of a few mobs that 'detects by scent'. Worth a try at least.

Posted: 2006-05-11 21:06:43
Gives title Cerberus Muzzler...

Drops Cerberus Meat

Drops the ever so precious Fire Crystal

Special moves like Gates of Hades, 700-1300 dmg AoE with 20hp/tic Burn. Also has a stoneskin move that is just god aweful, a couple of diabolos` can take it off though with that ranged attack. Also gets Blaze Spikes through some move.

BLM is only good for stunning. WAR with mighty strikes, ridill, maneater, adaman hauberk did 1100 rampage; melees are good :D

Posted: 2006-05-17 00:05:11
Quote from: Tribmos

No Mob Detects By Scent, Deodorize is used to avoid mobs that pursue by scent, i.e. crawlers, if u get aggroed and use deodorize (walking through water does the same thing) they lose ur trail and stop following (I've tested this multiple times)

Posted: 2006-05-23 13:33:06
Quote from: DigiDude
Quote from: Tribmos

No Mob Detects By Scent, Deodorize is used to avoid mobs that pursue by scent, i.e. crawlers, if u get aggroed and use deodorize (walking through water does the same thing) they lose ur trail and stop following (I've tested this multiple times)

um... keep in mind, this is a NEW expansion, so all the rules you "knew" before the expansion can be ASSUMED to be thrown out the window.

while yes, i'm not arguing the use of deodorize to remove tracking, i'm saying, never discount something until it has been tested.

oh and for the record, This guy aggros through Sneak / Invis / Deodorize.

Seems to be True-Sound as i was chatting with a WHM farming up in Mount. Z who saw that Cerby was up.

He went up from behind, and died from a single whack. so unless cerby can see behind himself... >_>;

that or its true-smell... 3 heads are better than one ._.; but if it agroed by smell then it should have atleast aggroed from a farther range (like low HP aggro) vs normal sneak range...

also he likes to roar alot when he isnt claimed... kinda like Gusgen Mines siren >_>;
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..