Total: 404229959
Today: 15649
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Dobson Bandanna

Posted: 2006-03-01 03:40:43
Not a 100% drop. After 3 days (30 kills) we had one fly which did not drop a Dobson Bandanna. Please reply with a good address and I will send a screenshot.

Not enough data to determine for sure here, but droprate seems about 95% from this small sample.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-03-01 03:52:10
Thanks for the feedback. See here for a discussion of how this happens. Essentially, if everyone in the alliance/group already has one, no more will drop.

Posted: 2006-03-02 17:21:48
I remember posting this earlier. We had 6 people in our alliance and it was everyones first run, we were gonna do the kill > reraise > kill > reraise strategy. I can guarantee that the bandana does not drop 100%. A good example of this is alos camping Valkurm Emperor. All the flies drop a Damselfly Worm sooner or later. Anyways i camped with 2 -3 people because we were helping someone, the damselflies continued to drop even after everyone had one. We got tired of kept throwing them away so we just left em until we got VE's drop and left.

Another example, go camp a NM with a high drop rate with a rare/ex item, lets say... hmm... uh.... (heh, gimme a minute)...

...2 hours later...

Let's say Valkurm Emperor. not the best drop rate but its easy to camp, decent drop rate, and it isn't hourded by gilsellers now. Last time I went through no one was even camping it. If anyone wants to take the time to do this, do it. I already have and wish I could confirm with proof. You MUST already have an Empress Hairpin and I want you to solo this, by that i don't mean let someone else in you rParty but Don't let them touch it. I mean let NO ONE into your party and do it solo. One of the times when you kill Valkurm Emperor, you will get this message. "You find an empress hairpin on the Valkurm Emperor. You were unable to receive the empress hairpin." or something along those lines. Been awhile since I did this.

I'm certain that the flies do NOT drop 100%, but they are like 90-95% and since not a lot of people are going to use this bandana now that they can camp Valkurm Emperor for free, i'd say you can leave it @ 100%. The one good thing that comes from the bandana is using it on subligar runs in Phomiuna Aqueducts (sp?). Because of the stegotaurs AoE poison. It's a good idea to just macro in Emp pin on SATA if ur a THF or rather any DD unless you have a better head gear. Sucks you can't use Voyager Sallet in 40cap.

Anyways thought I'd put in my 2 cents again. =P
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..