Total: 404230573
Today: 163
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Shen

Posted: 2006-01-14 21:50:44
My LS killed Shen 4 times (five fights) last night, and we learned that some of the info here on him is incorrect. Specifically, the filtrates that he spawns are NOT immune to silence or sleep. Our RDMs silenced them several times. Our BRDs were regularly sleeping them with lullaby, and our RDMs had little trouble sleeping them either. I made one successful attempt to sleep one as BLM. We made no attempt to bind or stun the filtrates.

Also, the filtrates have around 1000hp or less. I one-shotted several (at different times) that got caught in my Thundaga III casts on Shen. The filtrates move very fast... kiting them (along with shen) is not the best idea -- sleeping worked much better for us. And although they will be resummoned, killing them is also a viable strategy.

I also made note of our experience per kill. We received 44, 48 (twice), and 52 xp with a full alliance each time. This corresponds to levels 84, 85, and 86.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-01-19 11:53:30
Excellent info there; thanks for the feedback, Shen has been updated.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..