Total: 404232120
Today: 1710
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

XP Chart Correction

Posted: 2005-11-16 11:29:45
You have in your XP page:
-------
EXP = Normal EXP * 0.7

If a Beastmaster is controlling a pet at the end of the battle that is higher level than the Beastmaster, the above calculation applies to the experience the Beastmaster receives. If there are other members in the party with the Beastmaster, their experience is calculated like normal.
-------

This is incorrect. The above forula applies if a BST has any pet out at the end of the battle. The level of the pet does not matter. It does not effect any other meber.

Note that if a BST uses a pet at any time during a battle (even for one hit), that pet's level is taken into account when calculating the "Normal EXP" (like inviting a high level player to take one shot at a mob). If the BST pet is higher than the highest PT member, the Normal EXP will be effected for all PT members.

Posted: 2005-11-16 15:09:17
I'm not quite understanding how this works. You're saying that if I charm an EM mob, and attack a T mob, that even if the EM dies, and I kill the T, I'll still only get xp based on the EM's lvl? In other words, I may as well just solo EM, because the xp will be identical?

I was under the impression that you only took an xp hit at the end of the fight if your pet was still alive. Having a higher lvl pet isn't quite the same as a higher lvl friend taking a swing or two. Charmed mobs lvl is inherently dependent directly on the bsts lvl.

Posted: 2005-11-17 08:26:09
I was under the impression that you only took an xp hit at the end of the fight if your pet was still alive. Having a higher lvl pet isn't quite the same as a higher lvl friend taking a swing or two. Charmed mobs lvl is inherently dependent directly on the bsts lvl.

No. It is exactly the same as that. And a charmed mobs level has nothing to do with the BSTs level, I don't understand that statement at all.

What the OP posted is entirely correct, T or higher level pets affect xp regardless of whether they're still charmed at the end of the fight or not.

Just don't use pets higher than EM, there is very rarely any reason to do so.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-22 23:08:53
Thanks for the info here, folks; we definitely want that text to be accurate. So, just to make sure I understand this correctly:

If a BST uses a pet of any level during the fight, the BST will have reduced experience from the fight. If the pet used is higher level than the characters in the party, any character lower level than the pet will have lower experience penalty.

Is that correct?

Posted: 2005-11-29 13:19:06
Rather:

If a charmed pet is used at any time during the fight, its level is considered when determining the highest level in the party.

If a BST has a pet (charmed or summoned) at the time of the kill, they take a 30% xp cut.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-12-20 17:43:49
Thanks for the info, everyone. The Experience Charts info has been updated accordingly, including the change from the latest patch for Beastmasters' experience reduction.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..