Total: 404680746
Today: 5037
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

New to cooking

Posted: 2005-06-04 16:32:18
hey i wanted to start cooking a long time ago, and got to lvl 6, but i didnt have enoughg gil to go theu with it. now i do but i dont know the best way to raise my skill. can anyone tell me the best things to make around lvl 6 cooking skill to raise my skill fast and efficently?
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-04 17:41:18
The best way to see recipes is to check the Recipe List for the guild. Just do whichever one you find most useful, or that sells for a decent resale value on your server. If you are a caster, items such as drinks are always handy to make up, since you can use them anytime.

Posted: 2005-06-07 12:29:46
Quote from: Mandorn
hey i wanted to start cooking a long time ago, and got to lvl 6, but i didnt have enoughg gil to go theu with it. now i do but i dont know the best way to raise my skill. can anyone tell me the best things to make around lvl 6 cooking skill to raise my skill fast and efficently?

It's tough to figure out with the server economies being so varied.

However, you could look to make Pet Food Alpha Biscuit (Level 9) which should be only a slight loss or even profit. Check that one out before you go down that road as Horo Flour doesn't stack.

Slightly higher at Level 10, Orange Juice is a great cheap synth that can sell in bazaar (slowly if memory serves right) and is a great low level MP drink for yourself.

Don't forget to take your guild test before you hit level 10.

Anything beyond that starts to get involved, you'll need to find a good synth that takes to you about 14 and them you start making tons of Selbina Butter which you should store and you'll use them later for the pies you'll make.

Posted: 2005-06-07 23:01:56
A variety of things effect skill up rates for any guild. Though what exactly does effect rates is not generally agreed upon most people will agree that doing things 6 or 7 levels above your current skill without some sort of support is often not worth it as you'll break things far too much and skill ups won't exactly be the best. Personally I tried not to start on a new recipe unless it was a profit synth or extremely low loss synth till it was 5 levels above my current skill. Even then I'd use advanced support.

Posted: 2005-06-14 00:03:29
Ive acutally been paying attention reently since my Skill Ups have been very slow <Lvl 75> Cooking!

and noticed when making Pamamas au lait(Cap 82)
-- Water Crystal--

when facing slightly south of West on Darksday
when facing slightly west of North on Firesday
when facing slightly north of East on (watever day is after Firesday)

u get alotttt of skills compared to just facing anyway...

just thought maybe some1 could try it out when using Water Crystal
F
i
r
e
d N
a |
y | Face here on Earthsday
W---------------------E
face on darksday |
|
|
S
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..