Total: 404678242
Today: 2533
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

HQ

Page: 2 of 2Page 1 | 2

Posted: 2006-07-03 13:15:34
Call it superstition, call it metaphysics, call it by whatever you want. I have no proof that elemental facing works, or does not, and I have no proof that any of the other ideas work, however, with that said, I do try to maintain my elemental facing when ever possible.

My thought is that if it doesn't matter, then I am not doing anything harmful, whereas if it DOES work, then it helps a little.

Just my opinion.

Pen

Posted: 2006-07-26 10:18:18
I think the direction is important for HQing.

i tested it with Brass ring desythesis.

20 times facing north
results:

12x HQ2 = 2 Brass Ingot
5x normal Result = 1 Brass Ingot
4x normal fail, only crystal lost
3x critical fail, all items lost

20 times facing north east
results:

3x HQ2 = 2 Brass Ingot
16x normal Result = 1 Brass Ingot
2x normal fail, only crystal lost
1x critical fail, all items lost

It's a lvl 15 desynthesis and i am a lvl 50 goldsmith so i'm only 31+ level over the cap.

Posted: 2006-07-31 13:16:34
Ok, that info about the Tiers was really helpful, tnahks tho.

BUT, what about the subcraft levels needed for some recipes. How does the level in the subcrafts affect these tiers?

Anyone has some info to be shared please?

Thank you.

Posted: 2006-09-20 20:41:11
Subcrafts are also affected by tiers. If your 51 levels over main craft and 31 levels over sub craft, your overall synth will be a 31 teir craft.

Keep in mind tho, that results change when you have subcrafts, I believe the correct formula is +5% loss per craft. So a craft that has 2 subcrafts will have a 15% loss rate. This obviously decreases the impact of the tier.

These are my results over 4,000 logged synths:
Single Craft Tier
0-10: 5% Loss, 93% NQ, 2% HQ (?)
11-30: 5% Loss, 87% NQ, 8% HQ
31-50: 5% Loss, 65% NQ, 30% HQ
51-70: 5% Loss, 48% NQ, 47% HQ
71+: 5% Loss, 32% NQ, 63% HQ

Dual Craft Tier (moderately tested)
0-10: 10% Loss, 88% NQ, 2% HQ (?)
11-30: 10% Loss, 83% NQ, 7% HQ
31-50: 10% Loss, 63% NQ, 27% HQ
51+: 10% Loss, 34% NQ, 56% HQ

Tripple Craft Tier (very little tested)
0-10: 15% Loss, 83% NQ, 2% HQ (?)
11-30: 15% Loss, 79% NQ, 6% HQ
31-50: 15% Loss, 65% NQ, 25% HQ
51+: 15% Loss, 46% NQ, 39% HQ

A little warning for those of you that want to comment on this:
4,000 synths is NOT enough data to figure much out. It's also up to the person looking at the data to interpret what it all means. These are not totally exact numbers but they are all within +/-5%. These are the numbers I suspect are the most correct, based on different assumptions I've made (which many not be the same assumptions everyone would agree on).

If your intrested in seeing the raw data, I made a post on alla's tradeskill forums a while ago - but not too many people said anything about it. The problem with narrowing things down is - if you make it too simple, people accuse you of lying, if you make it too complex, no one understands it.

I've had a few terrible outlashes from people in the past and its the main reason I've kept things under the table for so long. If no one cares about the information then I'll just keep it to myself and a few friends.

I post it here because there seems to be a lot less flexing of the e-peen than most other areas.

Oh, and about the direction facing - while I haven't been able to prove that directions do anything, I also haven't been able to disprove it either. Its unusual to note that if I group all the crafting done in one direction, and compare it to a group done in a different direction, more often then not the "HQ" direction does have a better HQ rate. But this rate also lies within the rate of error, which means that:
1) HQ directions could be +1-3% HQ rate.
2) Crafting directions are a percieved fallacy due to a +/-5% HQ error margin.

It's worth to note that days and moon DO appear to affect crafting rates, but I can't split the two up. I can say that New Moon + Day of the week crystal is weak to offers the Highest skill up rate, but I'm unable to narrow down HQ, Success or Failure rates.

Of course, (outside of tiers) crafting is all about luck - cheers!

Posted: 2006-09-21 17:44:26
Personally, I am interested in your results. Frankly speaking, I am far to lazy to do the test with the attention to detail that you have, and I appreciate the effort that you have put into it. If it's wrong, there is no harm done, whereas if you are right, it is very beneficial.

Please keep up the good work!

Pen
Page: 2 of 2Page 1 | 2
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..