Total: 404157616
Today: 29137
Yesterday: 27232

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Noble Mold

Posted: 2006-08-18 15:12:57
I've matted my fur sitting out in the rain for weeks studying this NM. You guys owe me a big one for figuring out this controversial NM. Most the info is correct on him. He is 18-24 and does spawn in at least single rain weather after the heavy rain season (late April to end of June). He can pop on any day and any moon, he is related solely to the weather conditions. He is levle 50 and is Water based spell happy.

Now for the question of killing the PH's resestting timer. I'm 95% sure killing PH resets timer. No one killed PH's from Jan to late April (his first spawn of the year). He spawned first chance in late April since PH hadn't been killed. I got claim and killed with no drop (Suggestion for SE - make a once a year NM pop 100% drop, camping for weeks on end is just lame of you!). Some JP's came and killed between 2-3AM (can't tell exact time, but regional tally is at the top of every hour) so I know the general ToD. Camped the entire 18-24 since MY ToD from killing with NO POP. Sometime after the 18 hour mark of the JP's killing PH's during the night, he pops. Kill him for the second time, no drop yet again -.- Currently on the third pop (that's right, if you're a serious camper, don't mess around and kill him quickly he can pop 3 times a year!) and I better be getting my hat for sitting out in the rain for this long...

I'm Nece off Ramuh server! <3's

Posted: 2006-08-18 21:15:11
Just to clarify, you are looking at Vana'diel months and not earth months, correct?

Do you have a good precise sense of the pop window for the year? Your reference to being able to pop the PH 3 times in a year confuses me somewhat.

Also, is there any dependence on the time of the game day or day of the game week?

Posted: 2006-08-25 20:09:01
Quote from: Granthis
Just to clarify, you are looking at Vana'diel months and not earth months, correct?

Do you have a good precise sense of the pop window for the year? Your reference to being able to pop the PH 3 times in a year confuses me somewhat.

Also, is there any dependence on the time of the game day or day of the game week?

Sarcasm. S/he was clearly referring to earth months, as well the note about "popping 3 times a year" is most likely just a sarcastic indication of frustration with how annoying this NM is to pop.

Posted: 2006-09-08 06:37:13
Ummm... No, this person was in fact talking about game months, since the weather patterns are determined by what season it is in game... So yes, it sounds like this NM might pop only 3 times per in-game year, given that it only rains in certain months...
Administrator

Posted: 2007-01-06 04:40:42
Thanks for the info; the NM has been updated accordingly.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..