Total: 404213464
Today: 23101
Yesterday: 22929

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

New Advanced Search option?

Posted: 2006-07-12 11:44:08
I wonder if it could be made possible to exclude certain item categories from searching using advanced search, for example if I were trying to find some gear with R.Acc, I'd go there and type in Ranged Accuracy + under the effects part, but then it would include Foods, and Weapons, and armors, and etc. etc.
even though I only wanted to find gear, so no weapons, and neither foods. And I'm sure there are lots of other examples to be thought of as well.. ehm, anyway, just as an idea?

Posted: 2006-07-12 15:55:18
I like that suggestion, and I would also like to suggest being able to filter it by level and job as well. So for example, I could do a search for all gear (not food or weapons) that add Accuracy for Monks between level 20 and 30 say, or something similar.

Pen
Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-12 16:13:07
Thanks for the feedback, folks. Apparently we need to do a better job promoting what the Advanced Item Search can do, because all of that is already possible!

Right above the Search button on that page, there is a drop-down that restricts the search results. The default search includes all items, but you can also restrict it to: Equippable Only (all items that can be equipped, including Fishing items, etc.); Armor & Weapons Only; Armor Only; Weapons Only.

You can filter by job and level, as well. Here's a search for exactly what was requested above; all gear (not food or weapons) that add Accuracy for Monks between level 20 and 30. Just use the drop-down to select the job, and fill in the level range in those fields.

As far as the effect itself, put in the name of the effect in the Effect field. If you want to search exactly for a certain effect (in this case, we want just "Accuracy", not effects like "Ranged Accuracy" or "Magic Accuracy"), put a plus sign in front of the effect, "+Accuracy" in this case.

Hope that helps!

Posted: 2006-07-13 13:11:36
lol omg I feel like a dolt. I have used the Advanced Search alot, to do most of what I talked about and never even tried the combination I was suggesting lol

lets it hear it for Newb Power!

Posted: 2006-07-13 18:15:19
To think I've missed that little menu all my life..
Myeah, thanks anyway. Say, how about a help menu explaining all options for every menu <«^_~»>
Heh, I think that would be too much work. Thanks anyway for explaining~ *blush*

Posted: 2006-07-13 18:20:17
Ack, should've put this in my last post five minutes ago, just too late. Anyway, is it also an option to choose a range of effects? For example I want to find all rings which give Dex from 2 - 5, so excluding anything that ain't a ring, and excluding all rings that give 0 or 1, or 6+ Dex~?
Just kinda random suggestions now, but who knows it might come in handy one day.
Administrator

Posted: 2007-01-06 01:22:53
The Advanced Item Search page is updated with help info, including complete explanations of all the options.

As for more refined searches for stats: at this time we don't have a way to do that. If we are able to expand the item search without slowing down the site, in the future, we certainly may consider it.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..