Total: 404225421
Today: 11111
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Vodyanoi info (Phanaut Channel)

Posted: 2006-05-21 12:20:50
A slight possible correction about this NM.

It's listed as 21-24hr spawn, but was that changed in some recent patch?

Because I used to camp it for a while a couple of months ago and it spawned roughly every 6hours, given it was night time.

As for the Orc, still never seen it :(

Posted: 2006-05-22 15:37:31
This guy has a weird respawn time. From my own experience with him and what other people told me I've come to the conclusion that he's on a 5-8 hour respawn, but the window only opens on darksday. So for the window to open he has to be killed at least 5 hours before darksday, if he isn't his window won't open until next darksday. I can't confirm that this is 100% correct, but it's close and he has never been on a 21-24 hour respawn.

As for him spawning on any barge as long as it's night... that's only half true. He only spawns between 20:00 and 4:00, but the barges are on a fixed schedule so only 2 barges go at night.

Posted: 2006-05-23 05:54:00
It has spawned on the 3minute barge aswell (the one before the two night barges), however it like spawns 30sec before it will zone so it would be near impossible to kill it at that spawn.

Luckily it is on the barge when you return on it :p

I didn't know about the Darksday thing but it could be correct and explain the weird spawnrate.

All that leaves the barge for now is the orc then, I would guess it has a similiar spawn but it might just require thunder weather aswell, I've never managed to see thunder weather on the South -> North ride for longer than a minute or so then it disappeared, was on thundersday and the orc didnt show up.
Administrator

Posted: 2007-01-02 20:24:33
Thanks for the feedback; the NM info has been updated.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..