Total: 404228780
Today: 14470
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Chigoe

Posted: 2006-04-20 13:18:28
LOOK OUT FOR THESE! I was walking around this mine area. Its the area after you take the northern port's boat to Nashua (sp?) and these things started popping right out of the ground. They conned Tough to me at lvl 60. And i'm not sure if they stopped following me or what, but I used flee, ran a little bit and used hide. It didn't say that they saw me and they werent coming. I didn't run far b/c there was Lamia, and Mature Treants, and tons of skeletons around me. I think Hide might work on them, but I'm not totally sure.

Posted: 2006-04-20 21:11:48
These are spawned when fighting Marids (the elephants) we were trying to kill one and during the fight he summoned 3 or 4 of these little guys.

They have really high evasion and attack very fast but only have about 400 HP

Posted: 2006-04-22 03:35:08
I've fought several of these mobs in Caedarva Mire. You can see them but can't target them until they aggro. They have very low delay and pretty good evasion. They are also fairly accurate. After a while, seemingly random length of time, they will fall to the ground no matter what you do. They immediately fall to the ground if someone uses a weaponskill on them as well. I was able to solo the chigoes in Caedarva Mire as a PLD 67. These cannot be tanked by a ninja solo, in my opinion. When these guys fall to the ground they give no exp.

Posted: 2006-04-22 11:54:44
monks countertanking tank these pretty well. they essentially mpk themselves with all the counters, since they dont hit exceptionally hard.

Posted: 2006-04-23 19:49:38
Chigoe die instantly when they are critically hit or WSd.

Posted: 2006-04-24 15:05:15
these sound like a pain in the arse, but ls friends told me imps are worse
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..