Total: 404228521
Today: 14211
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Beastmaster pets - some incorrect cons

Posted: 2006-04-04 08:43:31
I was looking for BST pets for to blow up for solo XP as BLM49 last night, and found that some of the details currently given on somepage.com are incorrect. Specifically:

Gigas's Tigers (Xarcabard) are listed as level 48-50 but conned EP to my BLM49 (the Frost Gigas BSTs themselves only conned DC). I acquired 27XP from each kill, which places those Tigers at level 38.

Goblin's Leeches (Labyrinth of Onzozo) and Goblin's Rabbits (Cape Terrigan) are also listed as level 48-50. Both are pets to Goblin Shepherds, which con EM at 66-69; I've recently been fighting these goblins as RDM through 65-68 and the pets have conned EP. That means the pets are more like 58-60 - you can see why I didn't check this out in detail as BLM49!

Please fix before someone gets her character killed looking for those goblin pets.

Ceridwen of Seraph

Posted: 2006-04-04 14:14:11
Quote from: Ceridwen
I was looking for BST pets for to blow up for solo XP as BLM49 last night, and found that some of the details currently given on somepage.com are incorrect. Specifically:

Gigas's Tigers (Xarcabard) are listed as level 48-50 but conned EP to my BLM49 (the Frost Gigas BSTs themselves only conned DC). I acquired 27XP from each kill, which places those Tigers at level 38.

Goblin's Leeches (Labyrinth of Onzozo) and Goblin's Rabbits (Cape Terrigan) are also listed as level 48-50. Both are pets to Goblin Shepherds, which con EM at 66-69; I've recently been fighting these goblins as RDM through 65-68 and the pets have conned EP. That means the pets are more like 58-60 - you can see why I didn't check this out in detail as BLM49!

I'd noticed the same with Gigas's Tiger in Xarcabard, and the Goblin's Leeches in Onzozo being much different than listed.
Goblin Rabbit's in Terrigan are correct as 48-50 though. Spent a few levels there killing them.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-04-07 13:52:54
Thanks for the feedback, folks. It's very hard to get precise levels on these type of pets, without having info on the experience point gained per kill. (This is especially true since a level 68 character can easily get experience from a mob that's more than 15 levels lower.)

After looking these up, a few fixes were made:
-- The Gigas's Tiger in Xarcabard had their level adjusted, and clarified for the multiple mobs that use it as a pet.
-- The Goblin's Leeches in Labyrinth of Onzozo had their level adjusted, and clarified as well. This is mainly a guess, to put those pets on par with the comparable ones in Gustav Tunnel: I couldn't find any solid data for what their exact level is.

If anyone gets precise information on how much experience is gained from any mobs, pets or otherwise, that doesn't line up with what we have, please post it and we'll update the database accordingly.

Posted: 2006-04-12 10:45:28
The Ul'aern pets (Wynav and Xzomit) seem to be about level 64-66, which fits with the usual pattern of pets being ~5 levels below their masters. In a party of 6 I got 13-15xp for them, and in a party of 3 18-20xp.

I've only killed one Om'aern pet, which gave 40xp in a party of 3, which puts it somewhere between L73 and L74; the calculation seems a bit off.

The Aern's Xzomit do not have the usual low HP of BST pets; they have about 4k HP, almost as much as their masters. The Wynavs do have lower HP, about 1100.

Posted: 2006-04-12 16:06:48
I may be mistaken, but isn't there some kind of experients points multiplier for mobs in the Lumoria region? Could've sworn I read about that somewhere.

Posted: 2006-04-12 17:01:07
Only for Phuabo.
Administrator

Posted: 2007-01-02 17:32:27
Thanks for the further info; those pets have been updated accordingly.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..