Total: 404229383
Today: 15073
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

When Hell Freezes Over

Posted: 2006-04-02 22:37:20
I'd like to clarify a bit more on how this fight is laid out, since the description on the site is somewhat vague- the site's description made it seem like snolls would split individually after being killed. This is not the case.

Upon entering the Burning Circle, there can be anywhere from one to three snow devils at the start. Once your group has defeated all of the initial snolls, another wave of 1 to 3 will appear after a few moments. You will have to fight through four waves of snolls before meeting success.

The snolls can use a variety of ice based magic, including Blizzaga III and Blizzard IV- a stunner is helpful, as it appears they cannot be silenced. They also use Mighty Strikes, as well as typical snoll special attacks. It did not appear that they tried to self destruct. Bind and Gravity stick well, but Sleep and Lullaby are resisted. I'd recommend two red mages to kite- assign one to the "left" snoll, and one to the "right" snoll, so that if three spawn, the others can take the center one.

Posted: 2006-04-03 11:01:27
1-3 Snolls per wave, 4 waves. So, the total number of Snow Devils ranges between 4 and 12? Is this like the Mammet-800 fight, where the number you fight is based on the number of players entering the BC?

Posted: 2006-04-03 12:25:58
No, I think the number of snolls that spawn are entirely random. Don't quote me on this, though. I have heard of a BLM soloing this fight, which seems possible if the amount of snolls that spawn is dependent on members entering.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-04-07 13:20:27
Thanks for the info; the ENM has been updated accordingly.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..