Total: 404229222
Today: 14912
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Where are the sea NMs?

Posted: 2006-03-17 18:31:04
Wheres all the sea stuff? Its not exactly new anymore and is mysteriously absent.

Posted: 2006-03-22 12:02:23
It would really be great if you could add some sea information to the site as requested above. I've also posted a couple times for this.

I'm going to post the information that my LS has on our site. (BTW I am not taking credit for this info...it was compiled by someone named Laetis. I would check out his live journal listed below, because i think it has been updated since we posted the information on our site.)

http://laetis.livejournal.com/44949.html

Hopefully, you it will help you get NM info posted up (and others will be able to give you additional info for strategy notes). It would be great to know the level range of the mobs in sea as well (at least post the mobs initially and let people add level information based on their xp later).

AERN NMs
Ix'Aern - Hu'Xzoi is Aern is a MNK type.
Popped by trading a HQ Aern Organ to a ??? (HuXzoi B1 @ G-7, I-7)
It links other Aern as well and does not hit very hard. Moves slightly faster than normal Aern and is resistant to spells. Recommended killing strategy is to pull it to the Ebon Panel room and kite it.

By trading 2 HQ organs instead of 1 you will pop an additional Qn'Aern (either RDM or WHM type)

By trading 3 HQ organs you will pop 2 additional Qn'Aern. (RDM and WHM type)
The difficulty of the Ix'Aern is said to increase with the higher number of organs traded, as well as increase the drop rate. The Qn'Aerns are able to use 2hrs. The Aerns are capable of reraising.

Ix'Aern, Qn'Aern x2 - Ru'Hmet Level 1
Popped by sheer animosity. This concept isn't very well fleshed out.
You have to find the ??? (RuHmet Lv1 @ either F-8, J-8, F-10, J-10) and kill the Aerns there, until one player receives the message "(playername) is enveloped in sheer animosity".

When that player checks the ???, the message "Menacing creatures appear out of nowhere" will appear and the NMs will pop. Note that they have very little time to do this before the "sheer animosity" wears off.

Touching the ??? without sheer animosity will give the message "You sense some unknown presence, but it does not seem to be hostile." The Ix'Aern that pops here appears to be a DRK, and one of the Qn'Aern's is a RNG.

Ix'Aern - Ru'Hmet Level 2
This Aern-type NM pops a few seconds after its placeholder Aern is killed. The placeholder Aerns are among those in the 4 big square rooms. (RuHmet Lv2 @ G-8, I-8, G-10, I-10)

The Ix'Aern is a DRG, which will call 3 Wynavs' at once soon after engaging. All three Wynavs are BRD type, and can cast all Bard songs including Virelai. They cannot be slept, but can be bound.

Recommended battle strategy is to pull the Aern out of the Aern room to avoid links, and to kite the 3 Wvyav's with blinkers.

Tier 1 Jailers

Jailer of Temperance
The Jailer of the 1st Virtue.

This Zdei-type NM supposedly pops 3-5 seconds after killing the Zdei placeholders that spawn in the small rooms with alcoves (HuXzoi Lv 1 @ H-4, C-8, L-8, J-13, F-13.)

It is reportedly immune to attacking magic and is also immunity to all types of melee damage save for piercing damage and 1 other during battle, depending on what mode it is in.

Its TP attacks include AoE Silence and Petrify. It can also use Meikyo Shisui several times.

(this part not verified)
With rings out, take slashing damage
With poles out, takes ranged damage
With nothing out, takes Blunt damage

Jailer of Fortitude
The Jailer of the 2nd Virtue.
Popped by trading 12 Ghrah M chips at a ??? (RuHmet Lv 1 @ H-4, C-8, L-8, J-13, F-13.)

This Ghrah-type NM pops together with 2 other lesser Ghrah-type NMs Kf'Ghrahs. Fortitude is perpetually in Paladin mode, and can do WS like Vorpal Blade. His Kf'Ghrah's are able to change modes and apparently share hate with Fortitude. It has been reported that when the 2 Kf's are alive, Fortitude has permanent reflect spell up. It is reported that -Ga spells can occasionally pass thru this reflect, if you can spam Cure 1 on Fortitude to "pre-occupy" the reflect effect. (Reflected Cures for healing seems to give no hate as well)

Recommended killing strategy is to kite Fortitude and take down the 2 helper NMs first. Once Fortitude has no balls (^_^), proceed to straight-tank him. He seems to be weak to magic. Fortitude can use Invincible more than once.

Jailer of Faith
The Jailer of the 3rd Virtue.
Popped by trading a HQ Euvhi Organ to a ??? (RuHmet Lv 2 @ H-5, E-8, K-8, J-11, F-11)

This Euvhi-type NM is reported to be capable of casting Breakga, Stonega 3, Stone 4, and Quake 2. All Earth elemental spells.

Recommended killing strategy thus far is kiting with the aid of gravity.

Tier 2 Jailers

Jailer of Justice
The Jailer of the Fourth Virtue.
Popped by trading Second Virtue, Deed of Moderation and HQ Xzomit Organ to a ??? (Al'Taieu @ F-11)

This Xzomit-type NM is capable of summoning up to 6 Qn'Xzomit's to help it. All of them move extremely fast. Each Qn'Xzomit has approximately 1500HP and will use Mijin Gakure after taking damage.

Recommended battle strategy: Bomb Queen style

Jailer of Hope
The Jailer of the Fifth Virtue.
Popped by trading First Virtue, Deed of Placidity and HQ Phuabo Organ to a ??? (Al'Taieu @ D-9)

This Phuabo-type NM likes to start the battle casting Burst II. Its attacks have low delay and En-Stun and it is capable of Mighty Strikes. It can also cast Thundaga 3 (near-instant cast), Burst, and Shock Spikes. Shock Spikes damage goes up to 80 per hit but can be dispelled with Finale.

Jailer of Prudence
The Jailer of the Sixth Virtue.
Popped by trading Third Virtue, Deed of Sensibility and HQ Hpemde Organ to a ??? (Al'Taieu @ L-

One set of triggers will pop 2 of these Hpemde-type NMs. They apparently warp around alot, and can warp pretty far. They are not required to be killed simultaneously.

Tier 3 Jailer

Jailer of Love
Popped by trading Fourth Virtue, Fifth Virtue and Sixth Virtue to a ??? (Al'Taieu @ K-12)

This Yovra-type NM has massive amounts of HP, and incredible HP Regen. It can summon up to 9 Qn'Xzomit, 9 Qn'Hpemde, and 9 Ru'Phuabo to aid it. From feedback, they do not have high HP but hit rather hard and highly resist sleep (think Vrtra). Love seems to resist damage from blood pacts, offensive spells and melee weapons, though Chi Blast registers good damage. Definitely requires a full alliance + OOTMG alliance to handle.

Trigger Flow Charts/NM Spawn Spot Maps

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/spira/summoner/flowchart.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/spira/summoner/HuXzoi.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/spira/summoner/RuHmet1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/spira/summoner/RuHmet2.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/spira/summoner/AlTaieu2.jpg

Posted: 2006-03-24 11:37:13
good info. admins could u add this to the site please? :)
Administrator

Posted: 2006-04-06 19:01:39
Thanks for the feedback, folks, and that excellent info. We will hopefully be (finally) adding this in very soon.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..