Total: 404229646
Today: 15336
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

SubJob

Posted: 2006-03-06 15:29:16
I thought the SubJob levels work like this.

Can anyone clarify.

You have a level 26 RDM and a 13 BLM, when the RDM hits level 28 the BLM is auto moved to 14.

Is this correct?

Posted: 2006-03-06 16:58:11
Yes, assuming your BLM is 14 or higher. Your subjob will always match up to 50% of your main's level - rounded down - until the subjobs real level is reached.
If your BLM is say, 15BLM, then at 32RDM you'll still only be 32RDM/15BLM. Abilities, Traits and learned spells will also be available when the subjob reaches those levels.

Posted: 2006-03-06 17:57:58
That can be true. Your subjob will never go higher than what you have levelled it, though. So, if you have only levelled BLM to 13, it will stay at 13 when your RDM goes to 28 and higher. But, if your BLM is at 37 or higher, then it will continue to increase automatically as a sub-job all the way to 75/BLM37. You automatically get all spells and abilities (except the sub-job's 2-hour ability) as soon as the sub gets to the level that acquires that ability and spell(if you know the spell).

Posted: 2006-03-06 18:05:22
No, your subjob - in this case BLM - will stay at 13 until you go raise the lvl of Blm instead of Rdm. So, when your RDM hits 28, your jobs would read as RDM28/BLM13. Hope that helps.

Posted: 2006-03-06 18:07:03
If you levelled BLM to 14, then yes it would, otherwise you'll have a gimp underlevelled SJ.

If you want a levelled SJ all the way to 75, level your SJ to 37 first.

Posted: 2006-03-09 14:59:24
Thanks guys for all the help with this. I must have missread it when I got the Subjob ablity. No wonder why people were over there chating and missed some info. I thought it would auto lvl with you main job. Guess not that is a real bummer to have to keep moving back to Subjob and keep lvling him. The Time you spend on lvling Subjob could go to main job and you become more powerfully.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..