Total: 404230090
Today: 15780
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Orc Piercer Desynth

Posted: 2006-01-31 17:19:38
The Orc Piercer is listed as a woodworking desynth resulting in ash lumber, but that seems not to be the whole story.

A friend of mine with level 59 woodworking attempted the desynth (with lightning crystal) and received the "beyond your skill message". I then attempted the desynth (with my level 26 woodworking) and received HQ results of a spool of grass thread and a black tiger fang. Those were my only two attempts.

So I'm trying to figure out what other craft might be involved other than woodworking. My friend has higher woodworking, but I have higher alchemy(60), clothcraft(20), goldsmithing(51), and smithing(36). We both have about the same cooking (not likely to be involved). I have bonecraft 0, so that isn't it either.

If I had to guess, I would say that smithing tends to be involved with weapons (such as a normal spear), and alchemy or goldsmithing are sometimes involved with weapons that do additional damage/effect. I have a fair amount greater skill in all three crafts than my friend, so all are potential candidates. Since there's already a wooden handle, a piercing element (the fang), and thread holding the thing together, and with woodworking and bonecraft having been ruled out, I'd rate alchemy as my best guess.

If anyone else cares to attempt to desynth these and isolate which crafts are required, I'd definately be curious to find out.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-08 19:58:01
Thanks for the info; great stuff there. From a test with a character who only has Alchemy and Cooking leveled, it looks like it is indeed Alchemy. The desynth recipe has been updated accordingly.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..