Total: 404230678
Today: 268
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Chain 6+ timing

Posted: 2006-01-13 14:26:29
From my experience in various merit parties, it seems that the time limit for chain #6 and higher is 10-15 seconds lower than the limit for chain #5. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted: 2006-01-16 17:53:42
Yes, definately, at least for level 75 players. I don't know what the exact time requirements are, but I'm certain that chain #6+ is actually less time than chain #5. I've been meaning to collect some data on this and post it, but XP parties aren't my main priority right now.

I would also like to add that other commonly accepted values for earlier chains (I've seen the same values replicated many times on many different sites, etc.) are not entirely accurate. For example, it seems that the time required for chain #1 is actually much closer to the time required for chain #2 than the number listed. Now that I can solo xp chain #1 and #2 somewhat reliably, I'm going to try to collect some better numbers.

I suspect that the current chain time limits originated from one source who had incomplete data and extrapolated to get what was missing. Or perhaps it was made up entirely, I don't know. The general idea of higher chains being shorter time is correct (and important to understand), but the actual time limits need to be retested and revised.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-01-19 11:59:39
Thanks for the info, folks. It's very likely that the data listed exactly for the chains was done long ago, and has never been retested; it's certainly feasible that the time was changed a while ago, if that was ever completely accurate.

At this point, we're just copying and translating the data from the Japanese site listed in the Exp Charts; if anyone tests this and comes up with other more accurate info, we'd be happy to reflect that.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..