Total: 404231572
Today: 1162
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Ram HNMs

Posted: 2005-12-13 13:00:46
I'd like to post that both Steelfleece and Bloodtear do NOT spawn from the other Rams. They are random spawns from the regular Rams within the 21-24 hour spawn range. Also, you forgot to mention that Steelfleece also uses "Great Bleat" (Max HP Down) like Bloodtear uses.

Posted: 2005-12-13 13:20:18
Actually, they are lotto pops Lumbering Lambert/Rampaging Ram, which themselves are lotto pops of Tremor Rams. They do operate on a 21-24 window; however, the way it works is like this: if the window is up and one of the HQ Tremor Rams pops in either region, it will be like 1-2 hours before Steelfleece or Bloodtear pop. It is possible that if the HQ Tremor Ram is killed 1-2 hours prior to the beginning of the 21-24 window, that Steelfleece or Bloodtear will spawn at the start of the window, but if you see an HQ Tremor, you will definitely have at least an hour before the HNMs can pop.

The normal window on the HQ Tremor Rams is 1-2 (maybe up to 3 hours) if you're hunting them just for the horn.

If you're camping, i suggest having a rng or /rng along for the ride. The quicker you can kill the Tremors/HQ Tremors when the window is open, the quicker you will get him to pop. If I remember correctly, there are 2 NQ Tremor Ram pops in each region.

Posted: 2005-12-13 16:53:30
I saw Rampaging Ram AND Steelfleece up at the same time. The Rams repop (on average) around 4 game hours. I know for a fact that Steelfleece and Bloodtear are popping from Tremor Rams and Battering Rams.

Posted: 2005-12-13 18:56:05
I'd like to fix my post from before, I didn't see Rampaging Ram AND Steelfleece up at the same time. I killed Rampaging Ram because Steelfleece was due to spawn. 2 earth minutes after i killed Rampaging Ram, the other Tremor Ram was due to spawn so i wide scan for like o say 30seconds. Steelfleece Baldarich near the bottom of wide scan, I run to him, and claim. Anyhoo, both NM Rams are random spawns from the regular Rams, it's just a matter of the respawn on the rams.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-12-21 12:36:36
Thanks for the info; the ram HNMs have been updated accordingly.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..