Total: 404232257
Today: 1847
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Goblin Wolfman

Posted: 2005-12-02 19:35:27
http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/3543

I tried trading movalpolos water to him, with no success. All it said was "nothing happens...". The region is currently controlled by Windurst and I'm from Bastok.

Posted: 2005-12-04 16:20:06
I tried again today, but this time I also tried trading the Scrawled Writing a Hermes Quencher. I also traded it some movalpolos water. Both times "Nothing happens...".

Posted: 2005-12-05 14:07:12
I've been dying to pop this guy for *months* but Movalpolos is always under beastmen control so I can't get my hands on Movalpolos Water.

When the update Wolfman was included in came out, no one could figure out how to spawn it and eventually gave up. All information during the initial attempts only gave a single <pos> for the Scrawled Writing. I'd seen other locations as well and had hoped to crack the secret, but alas... never any Movalpolos Water. I see somepage now has 3 <pos> but ALL the experimenting I'd ever read were people doing *only* included the original single <pos>. I was constantly thinking, "I've got the secret right here with the multiple Writings, while those knuckleheads are only going to the one at I-11." It's been awhile since I've read anything on this and as far as I know, no one has still tried working with the multiple writings.

I'm also curious if the sirens may play into this, as they do for the Gusgen siren.

My *guess* for Wolfman's drop was Parade Gorget. I'd looked at all the as-yet unidentified items from that update and the Gorget seemed the most likely to me. This was ages ago though, so I can't really detail my reasons anymore. Similarly, don't quote me that it's GOT to be Parade Gorget. ^ ^

Godspeed on popping this sucker! I'm dying to know how, just can't get Movalpolos under a nation's control to try myself. =(

Posted: 2005-12-05 19:21:47
Quote from: Sheeny
When the update Wolfman was included in came out, no one could figure out how to spawn it and eventually gave up. All information during the initial attempts only gave a single <pos> for the Scrawled Writing. I'd seen other locations as well and had hoped to crack the secret, but alas... never any Movalpolos Water. I see somepage now has 3 <pos> but ALL the experimenting I'd ever read were people doing *only* included the original single <pos>. I was constantly thinking, "I've got the secret right here with the multiple Writings, while those knuckleheads are only going to the one at I-11." It's been awhile since I've read anything on this and as far as I know, no one has still tried working with the multiple writings.

I tried again today, only at the I-11 position (because that was the only one available). This time in addition to M. Water and Hermes Quencher, I also used a Potion and a Pear au Lait. Nothing worked. Maybe you need to have the movolpolos water synthed into a hyper ether/potion.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-12-20 18:25:32
This is one of those mysteries that is hanging around... if anyone manages to figure it out, be sure to let us know!
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..