Total: 404233089
Today: 2679
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Newton Coffer Key

Posted: 2005-11-09 03:27:06
I can verify that Nightmare Bats in Newton do in fact drop the Coffer keys. We got one while messing around near Swashstox's spawn point there tonight. Also, they are not aggressive unlike the other ones in Sea Serpent Grotto or Ifrit's Cauldron.

This is my first post and I do enjoy this website so I thought I'd help you guys out with some information since, if my server (Unicorn) is any indication, few people do much in Movalpolos since it never seems to be controlled. I think in the year that it's existed, it's been under Bastok's control 1 time and that's it.

Posted: 2005-11-09 17:41:13
That soundas sad about that area, a lot of miners go there on my server (leviathan)

Posted: 2005-11-09 19:12:01
I'm trying to get my Linkshell to go there more so someone can control it long enough for us to maybe figure out what that "Scrawled Writing" might be for in Oldton Movalpolos. I don't remember seeing anyone say what was involved like if it was Movalpolos Water or what.

It's actually a fun zone to play around in though since there are so few people going there. I don't think Yensho is real though, but I've only run into 1 elemental in Newton so far. It'd be cool if he is, but I have yet to see him.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-22 19:58:07
Thanks for the info; the Nightmare Bats have been updated, and the drop added.

And yeah, Yensho will be rid of from the database here soon; that was a mistake in the data I was working from.

Posted: 2005-11-22 22:44:21
Cool, glad I didn't spend hours trying to figure out how to spawn him then since that place isn't that safe in the deep parts. Thanks!

Just wanted to add that you put the key under Nightmare Bats, but forgot to add the Bats to the Coffer Key page with Mimic and Bugbear Watchman. Thanks again for the great website and keep it up!
Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-22 23:57:29
The key should now be showing up on the item page as well; the item pages can occasionally take a bit to update, given the way they're cached.

Posted: 2005-11-23 00:46:37
Oh, well I'm new to this. My Linkshell and I love going there, so I'll be sure to post more coffer key droppers.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..