Total: 404247343
Today: 16933
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Sacrarium chest key

Posted: 2005-10-12 15:47:34
I don't think the Gazers in Sacrarium drop the chest key for the map...both Mystery Tour and elemen only list the various fomors and also the Utukku (ghost) mobs as key droppers. I looked it up on those two sites after spending over 3 hours killing Gazers with no drop...should have looked sooner ._.

Haven't had a chance to go back and kill Utukkus yet.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-10-13 17:39:40
Thanks for the info. These keys are a bit tricky because they only drop from mobs of a specific level, based on zone (in this case, any mobs of level 50-55.) So, if you were killing the lower level Gazers close to the start of the zone, you'll never get the drop, since they're under level 50.

I've added the drop to the Utukku, since that does appear to be a valid key dropper. I'll see about updating some of the info about the chest/coffer keys in the database, to make this clearer in the future.

Posted: 2005-10-14 12:06:31
That's what I thought as well, but we didn't have the manpower at the time to kill the higher level hecteyes (and esp. all the blood aggro we would have gotten by the nearby skeletons). I'll go back soon with more people to kill Utukkus, and we'll probably kill some skeletons and higher level hecteyes at the same time and I wouldn't be surprised if some/all of them drop it.

Btw I was digging around and I found this thread:
http://ffxi.somepage.com/discussion/Feedback/2119

Posted: 2005-10-15 11:13:23
Quote from: Cuer
Thanks for the info. These keys are a bit tricky because they only drop from mobs of a specific level, based on zone (in this case, any mobs of level 50-55.) So, if you were killing the lower level Gazers close to the start of the zone, you'll never get the drop, since they're under level 50.

I've added the drop to the Utukku, since that does appear to be a valid key dropper. I'll see about updating some of the info about the chest/coffer keys in the database, to make this clearer in the future.

The Grazers from start of zone do drop the chest key. I was farming triggers for swift belt with my friends. We also cleared the only Gazer near the zone too. Drop 2 chest keys in few hours. Poor drop rate for key.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..