Total: 404229981
Today: 15671
Yesterday: 23947

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Goblin Wolfman

Posted: 2005-08-14 01:53:19
I have been trying to figure this guy out dealing with the scrawled writings in oldton and i can tell you that 1 movopalos water didnt work for me. That was one of my 1st ideas for it based on location and it saying "me thirsty". Took me quite sometime to track down a movopalos water since no one has owned that region for quite sometime. I traded and nothing happened and i kept the water. It could be multiples but i have yet to get a chance to try that.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-08-14 14:47:32
Thanks for the info; that NM is one that I still haven't found solid spawn info on, so we'll have to see what further experiments bring.

Posted: 2005-08-20 02:59:39
well i can tell you either its not moval water or there is some other factor involved. i tried several times diff amounts from 1 to 12. All i ever got was the "Nothing happens..." and none of the items were lost. I get the feeling i am missing something obvious here >.>
Administrator

Posted: 2005-08-20 22:42:09
I'm really wondering if this does use the Movalpolos Water; I still haven't seen anything more substantial regarding it, so apparently other people haven't really figured it out either.

Posted: 2006-01-29 15:36:26
Quote from: Qoh
well i can tell you either its not moval water or there is some other factor involved. i tried several times diff amounts from 1 to 12. All i ever got was the "Nothing happens..." and none of the items were lost. I get the feeling i am missing something obvious here >.>

I tried as well and I agree its not mov water that pops this.

Posted: 2006-01-31 22:11:25
Anyone tried trading Movalpolos Water to any of the NPCs in the area? I'm thinking the writing might be just a hint, not the actual spawn location.

Posted: 2006-02-02 00:20:13
[quote=POLUtils]You gently place the ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item Parameter 0≻ on the ground.≺NewLine≻Suddenly, you hear the clanging sound of armor approaching.≺NewLine≻It looks like someone is interested in the ≺Marker: 7F8101≻≺Marker: 7F8201≻≺Item Parameter 0≻...≺Marker: 7F3100≻≺NewLine≻
Wish I knew what <Marker: 7F8101> was.

Posted: 2006-02-02 15:09:19
OK, that didn't show up how I intended it to. What I found in the Newton Movalpolos dialog table was:
"You gently place the <Marker: 7F8101><Marker: 7F8201><Item Parameter 0> on the ground.
Suddenly, you hear the clanging sound of armor approaching.
It looks like someone is interested in the <Marker: 7F8101><Marker: 7F8201><Item Parameter 0>...<Marker: 7F3100>"

"<Marker: 7F3100>" just marks the end of dialog, I think,
so it looks like the answer lies in whatever "<marker: 7F8101><Marker:7F8201><Item Parameter 0>" means.

Looking further into the text, those same markers are used to refer to firesand when you activate the hatches that move the gates in the zone. Has anyone tried Firesand? Or does this just mean whatever item you just traded?

Posted: 2006-02-02 15:12:27
Whee, I feel like an idiot! Should've been looking at Oldton Movalpolos. Please ignore my stupidity.

Posted: 2006-02-13 10:53:19
Someone on another site had suggested Cursed Beverage (or Amrita) which has me intrigued. Something so difficult would explain why it hasn't been tried - as far as anyone knows.

Of course, it's a huge gamble as it needs Divine Sap and a Divine Lumber runs about 9m on Midgard. *If* it works, the other 3 sap (1 log = 4 sap) can be easily sold to people drooling for Parade Gorget and recover the investment. If not, -9m or so down the drain.

Additionally, even if it does work... 2.25m for Parade Gorget at 1/4th the Divine Log pricetag. And lord knows what triggers the latent. There's a ton of unknowns on this whole Wolfman (such as whether it drops Parade Gorget or something else!), but it just makes me want to do it all the more.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..