Total: 404250975
Today: 20565
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

"Medicated" Status effect

Posted: 2005-08-08 16:15:02
Just a suggestion, I know certain medicines such as Icarus Wing and others give you the "Medicated" status effect where you cannot use those types of medicines for a specific ammount of time. I believe Icarus Wing duration is 2 hours, but again, I'm not sure.

I suggest considering adding a note to such medicines to mark that they give you a Medicated effect, and maybe the duration.

Also, I'm not entirely certain that medicated effects cary through towards different medicines, I.E. if you use an Icarus Wing you can't use a max potion, and in reverse.

That'd be a pretty useful piece of information to have.

Posted: 2005-08-08 16:54:58
The Icarus Wing's medicated effect does indeed last for two hours. Note that this is like a food effect as opposed to the recast timer of a 2-hour ability--if you log out then the timer doesn't keep counting.

Posted: 2005-08-08 19:48:03
Hermes Quenchers have the same "medicated" but I think its only 30mins-1hr till you can use another one.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-08-10 00:45:55
Good info here. We'll have to see about updating the medicines to reflect that status effect, at some point.

Posted: 2005-08-16 14:36:49
Hyper potions have the Medicated effect too, last like 30mins. I'm also guess its the same with hyper ether too.

Posted: 2005-08-24 04:24:17
icarus wings are definitely longer than 2 hours, maybe 2.5, though didn't test exactly. All i know is that, from doing snoll tzar 5 or 6 times with 2hrs and tp wings each time, 2 hour was back up before medicated status was off (directly after the fight, without logging off)
Administrator

Posted: 2005-08-24 14:07:49
I believe Icarus Wings are a 3 hour medicated effect; just had a chance to finally use one when taking down Maat recently.

We definitely want to get this info in, once I have the time and proper details for the medicine items. Feel free to post more Medicine effects that you've seen for items, with the duration.

Posted: 2005-08-24 17:47:43
Hmm. I helped out with a Snoll Tzar run in which I used an Icarus Wing and then used my 2-hour ability. We failed, so we returned to Jeuno and restocked on items. My medicated effect wore off right before my 2-hour ability was ready for use again.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-09-07 22:51:12
Just an update: I just did the Snoll Tzar myself, with the same sort of action; used an Icarus Wing right at the same time as my 2hr. The Medicated effect wore off 80 minutes later... so maybe it is a bit random, or something.

Posted: 2005-09-08 01:18:10
Hmm, yeah I guess it is, hehe. :)
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..