Total: 404252870
Today: 22460
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Latent Effects

Posted: 2005-06-22 10:18:19
I think it would be useful if people submitted hidden effects and conditions under which latent effects are triggered for various equipment: Lv30 subjob latents, the various song-activated latents, HP/TP latents, WS point latents, etc.

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:12:41
{Yes, please}
Each time I want to find out the latent for something, I'm stuck between trying to decipher Mystery Tour's engrish and rummaging through Alla's mountain of user posts x_X
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-23 13:30:30
A popular suggestion right now, apparently! :)

This is something I want to get around to very much... it's just a matter of time, or lack thereof. Hopefully within the next month or so I should be able to get to it. Any info on the odder ones would be appreciated, to eliminate a lot of digging around when I do get around to it.

Posted: 2005-06-23 13:37:00
Umm, I started this not realizing how many there were. Here are some of the (imo) more interesting, and/or more commonly misunderstood latent effects.

Song-Activated Latent Effects
(first 'cuz I'm a Bard!)

Auditory Torque Rare/Ex
[Neck] All Races
Latent effect: STR+4 VIT+4

Melody Earring (+1)
[Ear] All Races
CHR+1
Latent effect: Evasion skill +5

Hototogisu Rare/Ex
(Katana) All Races
DMG:24 Delay:185 Accuracy +3
Latent effect: Parrying skill +5

Rune Weapons (and Bangles)
All of the Rune Weapons' latent effects are activated in a similar way; they will drain 3 MP / 3 Sec. while the latent effect is active. The latent effect will cease once the supply of MP is exhausted.

Weapons of Trials
The latent effects of these weapons are active once recieved; they must be removed by the player to advance the quest (known as "cleaning" the weapon). This is done through the use of weapon skills on enemies that are Easy Prey or stronger, accumulating points based on skillchains formed by the weapon skills, etc.

Lv30 Mantles, Shields, and Earrings
Each of these is triggered by having the corresponding job as your sub-- it will NOT work as your main. The exception to this is Varlet's Targe. I have no idea how that works.
(The list of subs is too long. T_T Somebody else do it!)

Lv70 JSE Earrings
The latent effects are triggered by low HP in combination with TP below 100%. That's all there is to it.

Sorry for so few-- I need lunch.

Posted: 2005-07-06 17:05:46
6%-crit-latent KSNM weapons: The latent is inactive until the weapon has been used to perform 500 WS Points, calculated like the Trial Weapons. After this happens, the latent is permanently activated.

lv 72 KSNM weapon series: Then latent is active as long as TP is under 100%, and also while performing a Weaponskill (probably because technically you spend your TP first, and then perform your weaponskill with 0% TP)

lv 50 JSE rings: TP < 100 and HP less than 75%
lv 70 JSE rings: TP < 100 and HP less than 50%

Posted: 2005-07-09 14:31:34
Quote from: Aurik
lv 70 JSE rings: TP < 100 and HP less than 50%

Um, there are no level 70 JSE rings; did you mean the earrings that I mentioned above?

Posted: 2005-07-09 22:46:54
Yes, sorry, my mistake, JSE earrings...

Posted: 2005-07-10 05:50:25
www.ffxionline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41761
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..