Total: 404256174
Today: 25764
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

BCNM/ENM Search/sort

Posted: 2005-06-18 21:18:37
You should add in a search function or a sort fuction for BCNMs and ENM; What I mean is people should be able to search for different characteristics of this battles (e.i. Level cap, amount of people aloud in) or they should be able to sort them based on those characteristics instead of having to scroll down the list to find one that is suitable for you! ^^ Just a suggestion =P
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-21 20:11:12
Thanks for the suggestion. We probably will not add a search function for the ENM/BCNM right now, for three reasons.

1) There aren't really enough to make it worthwhile.
2) It would require generating other pages, and I like having a single main page for those.
3) People can now select the orb items and get a list of the BCNMs that use the particular orb, which makes it easier to find all of a certain level.

If there are so many BCNM added down the road that it becomes unwieldy, or if we run out of things to do, we might consider adding a search... but neither of those seem likely anytime soon. :)

Posted: 2005-06-21 20:17:56
Might it work to include BCNMs/ENMs as a type of quest, if that would be easier to integrate, the required items could be the orb or the ENM key item, and the rewards whatever is dropped as the prize?
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-23 13:04:20
Quote from: Plight
Might it work to include BCNMs/ENMs as a type of quest, if that would be easier to integrate, the required items could be the orb or the ENM key item, and the rewards whatever is dropped as the prize?

That would have worked, if we had designed it that way from the start. But since they aren't really quests, they were intentionally put into own databases. For new characters starting out, I think it's a bit clearer if only quests show up under the quest display. ENM/BCNM are their own thing in FFXI, and we have a guide for each of them; unless they expand dramatically, I doubt it will be necessary to change the setup for them.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..