Total: 404232033
Today: 1623
Yesterday: 16100

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Site Comments, Updates, and Corrections

Den Coffer Key

Posted: 2005-06-06 17:10:40
I've spent quite a few hours farming Wooden Hakutaku Eyes in the Den of Rancor, and have never seen one of the Million Eyes drop a coffer key. My Hakutaku alliance got a couple of keys clearing the area before the fight, but both were from Tonberry Slashers. I suspect that the Million Eyes don't actually drop the key.

This suspicion is supported by the pattern that usually keys drop from mobs in a particular 5-level range, and the Million Eyes are in a higher 5-level range than the other two listed key droppers.

On that basis, I would expect the Succubus Bats, Cutlass Scorpion and Tonberry Beleaguerer to also drop keys. The info page at Allakhazam (ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?fitem=4622) has confirmation that the Belaguerers and Scorpions do drop keys.

On the other hand, a poster on the Million Eyes page (ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/bestiary.html?fmob=931) reports getting lots of keys while farming them, so perhaps I've just been unlucky...or perhaps they got them from the local tonberries.

FWIW.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-07 23:01:06
Thanks for the info; that's been an interesting one to try to figure out. You're right about the standard coffer key mob levels. The one Japanese site listed the mobs at 65-70ish who drop the coffer keys in Den of Rancor, and another had specific drops from the Mousse. The Den of Rancor Key item has been updated with the drop removed from the Million Eyes, and Mousse added; if anyone gets further drops, we can add them in as well.

Posted: 2005-12-21 11:30:38
I just finally got myself a Den Coffer Key off what I think was a level 70 Bifrons (gave 27xp with pet and NPC @75).
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..