Total: 404678264
Today: 2555
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

How to Break a Mithran Rod?

Posted: 2006-07-31 13:37:26
I was skilling my Woodworking on Mithran Rods and ended up with about 50 of them. When I started, they were selling for 35k then someone dumped the price to 18k :( Soooo I'm stuck with too many rods and am wondering how one goes about breaking them?
I was told Qufim Island with "special bait" but the guy wouldn't give me further details so if anyone knows how to break em please {Help me out!}
Bre~

Posted: 2006-08-02 17:00:42
Try sliced cod - that's the bait for giant squid which cap at 91...

Posted: 2006-08-07 13:47:31
Gavial fish also reliably break Mithran rods and are substantially easier to catch than giant squid. Fish the back of Gusgen Mines near the clay deposit or the North Gustaberg cascade (accessible via Dangruf Wadi).

Posted: 2006-09-21 08:54:08
It might be costly, but I only had to break one rod. I took a fly lure with me to East Ronfaure and fished until I broke the rod one what would have been an Arrowwood log. I caught about a stack of salmon before it happened though. Got .3 skill too, heh.

Posted: 2006-09-26 16:28:11
If you got Outpost Warp to Beaucedine Glacier (if not get it) you can use Trout Balls to fish Emperor Fish in that Pond right next to Outpost. Very convenient and they will break any skillup Rod quite easily (except Lu's).
Trout balls can be bought in the Windy fishing guild for pennies.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..