Total: 404678312
Today: 2603
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

July 24 Patch - New Recipes

Page: 1 of 2Page 1 | 2
Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-24 14:20:39
Post here with any info about new or updated recipes added in the July 24, 2006 FFXI patch.

Whenever possible, please include the following info:

-- Does the recipe require any subskills? These are often missed, if people just look at the ingredients when a new recipe is given.

-- Where does the recipe show up in the guild list? Talk to the NPCs that give recipes, and try to get information on exactly what recipes are listed before and after the new recipes. That will help immensely when figuring out the skill cap for all the new recipes.

Thanks much!

Posted: 2006-07-25 00:59:10
Found a new Alchemy recipe:
Chocolixer
Necessary skills: Alchemy
Skill level: Adept (Don't know the cap, but I am @ 87)
Crystal: Light
Ingredients:
1 X Sprig of Mistletoe
1 X Revival Tree Root
1 X Gold Leaf
1 X Royal Jelly
1 X Distilled Water

Posted: 2006-07-25 01:23:31
Another Alchemy Recipe:

Item: A pinch of rainbow powder.
Necessary Skills: Alchemy

Necessary Crystal: Light Crystal
Necessary items:
2 X Loops of glass fiber
1 X Wamoura Scale

This was found under artisan so I'm guessing somewhere between 68-80 skill level. Cannot find any Wamoura Scales on AH to see what this does however. Data mining turned up nothing for the powder as well.

Posted: 2006-07-25 01:33:09
Ended up finding the info on the Rainbow powder. Here is the descrition from the item iteself:

This fine powder diffuses light,
rendering anyone covered in it
invisible to the naked eye.

Sounds just like Prism Powder, but I'm hoping maybe it allows you to get past Imps or other Non-NM true-site mobs.

Posted: 2006-07-25 07:54:33
The Wamoura Scales drop off the Wamoura that spawn all over Mount Z now. (The fully grown white moth things.)

They're truesound (or sight?), aggro, link w/ Wamoura Princes (and presumably each other) I got 3 scales in 4 kills, but they have a ton of HP, so they're a pain to solo as BLM/RDM. They also move faster than Wamoura Princes even with Gravity.

Posted: 2006-07-25 10:57:56
I don't know about the other guilds, but Shahau in the Alchemy Guild of Whitegate gives an exhaustive list of the available recipes. The new ones have been added.

I have just noticed Chocolixer and Rainbow Powders. This can also be synthesized with those items :

- 1x Triturator
- 4x Glass Fibers
- 2x Wamoura Scales

Posted: 2006-07-25 12:02:42
I got the recipe for Darksteel Hexagun.

Fire Crystal:

Darksteel Ingot x1
Steel Ingot x1
Silver Ingot x1
Ebony Lumber x2

I have 79+2 Smithing, and this thing was above my lvl which makes me believe that decently high woodworking is needed for the synth, if its not totally dependant on woodworking in the first place. I am sure a small bit of Goldsmithing is required, just as in the regular Hexagun.

I am 21 woodworking, 50 goldsmithing, so it had to be woodworking holding me back from this synth. someone figure out the skill lvls needed. I would assume its around 60 smithing, and 40 woodworking, seeing as another smithing recipe has ebony lumber in it and its woodworking sub cap is 40. Darksteel Falx would be the one.

Posted: 2006-07-25 13:14:00
Darksteel Hexagun is 68. It's between those levels on the crafting list.

The woodworking is probably 40, since I hq'd 1/12 and im at 96+6 Smithing/60 wood/61+1 gold.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-25 16:07:02
Thanks for the recipe info, everyone. Those are all now in the database; if you come across more new recipes, be sure to post them so we can get them all in!

Posted: 2006-07-25 18:20:31
Result is incorrect for Rainbow Powder.

You actually get 6x Rainbow Powders par synthesis and 12 if the 'Trituration' recipe is used.

I HQ'ed once the first recipe and got 8 items. I guess the results are the as the Prism Powder recipe (NQ: x6, HQ1: x8, HQ2: x10 and HQ3: x12)
Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-26 05:21:44
Good to know; those recipes have been updated accordingly.

Posted: 2006-07-26 05:30:41
I'm lookinf for the recipe of Angon, a ranged attack item for the new ability Angon of Dragoon. Please, Help me ^^
I heard that a woodworking recipe, but really not sure for the moment.

Posted: 2006-07-26 07:51:51
Bay Aquarium: Woodworking, Alchemy
Light Crystal +
oak lumber
coral fragment
sieglinde putty
glass sheet
saltwater set
3x bibikibo

Reef Aquarium: Woodworking, Alchemy
Light Crystal +
oak lumber
coral fragement
sieglinde putty
glass sheet
saltwater set
3x coral butterfly

Posted: 2006-07-26 14:34:06
I found the recipe for Angons, the 75 DRG throwing spears in the woodworking guild. I'm not sure what level they are but I HQ'd them easily at 100 ww, and it requires smithing sub as well.

Yield: NQ= 33 HQ1= 66 HQ2=99

Wind Crystal
2x Iron Ingots
3x Yew Lumber
1x Wool Thread
Administrator

Posted: 2006-07-27 03:20:11
Thanks for the info, folks; those recipes, along with many others, were added and are now reflected in the Compilation of Info.

We're still missing recipes for some of the other obviously crafted items, so everyone please post them here as you find them!

Posted: 2006-07-27 08:03:05
It would be nice if you posted on the site what the new recipes added to the database is.
Same goes for stuff you can buy from NPC. What new things can be bought from NPC that you couldn't before?

Posted: 2006-07-27 10:02:43
I know its not new but i found a mistake

The Desynth Reciepe for Bugbear masks are:

4x Glass Fiber @NQ - 6@Q1 8@H2 and 10@HQ3 not as its written as 2 4 6 8

thx ~.~

Posted: 2006-07-27 11:13:31
WoodWorking
Soulfrayer Staff -> wind Crystal ( Desync ) = Bloodwood Lumber..

Still guessing HQ can be Imperial Silk Cloth????? :p XD

Posted: 2006-07-27 11:56:04
wind + soulflayer staff is = to Spinel or Bloodwood Lumber, just did it a few times at 68 +1 woodwoorking :o

Posted: 2006-07-27 13:12:12
Quote from: Akai
wind + soulflayer staff is = to Spinel or Bloodwood Lumber, just did it a few times at 68 +1 woodwoorking :o
nq is bloodwood hq is the spinel.
Page: 1 of 2Page 1 | 2
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..