Total: 404678339
Today: 2630
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Fishing 17+

Posted: 2006-07-15 04:14:21
Hello Every one,

I have been fishing since i started the game and i think i am stuck or - in other words discouraged to continue... i am @ 17 now . Where do i fish now and what to fish with what rod and bait/lure ??

any tip would be much appreciated !
Thatnks ALOT ... !

Yours
A Fisher,

Posted: 2006-07-15 21:11:36
Hoo boy... ok, long post coming up. (Not a rant by the way) ^^

First of all, Congrats on 17 Fishing. Right now you should begin to weigh your options. Do you want to undertake this craft and level it very high, possibly to 90+? Or will you pepper around with your crafts, skilling up them here and there?

Now that you have capped Moat Carp, you need to consider 2 things:

1) Begin to work on the long and tedious task of catching Moat Carp for Lu Shang's Fishing Rod. If you plan on taking Fishing above 60, you need this rod. 10,000 Moat Carp (or Forest Carp) are needed for it. the Quest can be gotten in San d'Oria.

2) If you dont have that kind of dedication or time currently for the above option, I highly reccomend investing in a Halycon rod. Second onlu to Lu Shang it is really hard to break. Depending on Server/Auction House choice, it goes around 25k-60k Gil.

Hehe, sorry if you weren't expecting this sort of respones, but when I asked this on some forums around 20 skill, I was given this same question.

..Anyway, to answer your question...

I did Halycon Rod with a Fly lure in East Rounfare, catching Cheval Salmon until around oh... 20 Skill.

Also, Might I reccomend a website for your fishing needs?

www.finalfishing.com/

Once I found out about that website, I never needed to ask another fishing question again ^^ Anyway, sorry about such a large post. Good luck fishing, and have fun!

Posted: 2006-08-01 05:34:32
Hello ,

Thanks Sajin , I am planning to take fishing to the top

to support my cooking 90+ , I appreciate your time .

and sorry for the late reply :P

Laterz,

Posted: 2006-08-02 13:20:17
VERY nice link :D
I've been hunting around for a nice fishing site.. and this is definetly nice.
Thank you :D

Posted: 2006-08-20 21:29:18
No Problem. It is a godly website for fishermen. Hope it helps! I wish you great fortune fishing in Vana'diel!
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..