Total: 404679192
Today: 3483
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Skeleton Keys bonecraft cap off?

Posted: 2006-04-13 04:19:50
Can anyone verify that the skill cap on skeleton keys is infact 34 as the database says? I synthed about 30 synths over 2 runs 2 different real life days and did not recieve any skill ups at 36.x. That seems really odd for a below 60 craft so was jsut wondering if anyone has actually gotten skillups past 33 on it?

Posted: 2006-04-15 21:39:52
Err... According to FFrecipe and Mystery tour, Skel key is 43 cap, with alchemy 31-34 as sub.

I would advice you not to do skel key for skillup, it simply uses way too much materials, I don't know which server you play on, but I doubt chicken bones will be as cheap as 500gil 1d; digging them ain't easy either. At your level, I leveled on Horn Rings, farmed ram and wind cluster on spot, fish scales should be cheap on any server.

I am guessing you are taking bonecraft to high levels; since bone isn't really a useful subcraft, and there ain't many good stuffs to make pre-80 to be honest; you are better off saving your money for when you are higher in level, the recipes don't get cheaper, they just get worse and worse each level. Even if you have enough money to buy 100x Kraken clubs to toss into the bastore sea, wasting money like this still isn't wise.

Just my advice, take it or not is up to you ^^

Posted: 2006-04-17 23:13:08
Well just looking at the recipie your right, skeleton keys look horible. That being said I have 83+1 bonecraft so I figured I would price them out. Stacks of keys were selling for 180k, whereas the materials were running me about 66k. Given that I was near cap anyway I thought it was worth trying. Just found it really odd to not get any skill ups. But I suppose that is about as streaky as crafting can be.

Anyway I cant verify this anymore as I leveled alchemy to 51 last night.

Posted: 2006-04-17 23:16:22
Just noticed part of the confusion. I specifically said the boecraft cap was off, but what I really meant was the alchemy subcraft cap. >< sorry everyone.

Posted: 2006-04-20 06:00:38
Well, I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but you said the cap is 34 alchemy, and your skill was 36 alchemy? Then there's no wonder...you won't get skillups when your skill is above cap. o.O

Posted: 2006-04-21 16:06:06
Hrm I really have no idea where my head was when I posted this. I would delete it if I could.

It's been long enough now that I dont remember what lvl my alchemy was when I tried this. I would like to think I didnt mean to type 36 but rather meant to type 33 as the following sentance says that... but anyway I think at this point its beter to just assume the alchemy level on current lists is right and not worry about what I posted.

It seems I was completely out of it when I posted the original message. If there is a way to remove this thread I think it would be a good idea. I am sorry for all the confusion I caused. Hopefully if any of my friends level bonecraft/alchemy they can check what I thought I had been checking lol.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..