Total: 404678934
Today: 3225
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Gardening and the recipes

Posted: 2006-03-22 13:42:37
I have been gardening since I have started playing finally fantasy and I'm so happy they have came out with recipes on this site, but recently I have noticed some glitches. I decided to check out a few recipes and the one I picked was for Dark Ore (ceramic pot; tree sappling; dark crystal + dark crystal). The possible results were Dark Ore x1 or Light clusters x2. I tried only 2 pots with the results ended up being persikos x5 and rock salt x 17. This is the recipe for the Porcelain pot not the ceramic pot. I was wondering if any of my other fellow gardeners have seen the same thing? I find it a bit discouraging to have the recipes different from what the site has for them.

Posted: 2006-04-18 09:36:36
...sadly Gardening is very complex. (I believe the word 'very' is an understatement) I think it would more more accurate to say "Impossible to understand completely".

Your harvest definitely depends on the seed(s), Pot(s), and Crystal(s) that you use. I 'think' that those are the only knowns for gardening (Only Facts).

But there are still unknowns (Theorys). Such as Moon Phase, Day(element) you plant, Day(Element) you harvest, Day(element) when you feed the crystal, etc. I know there are people who believe ALL of these to be true and there definitely are some facts to back them up, but it 'may' not be true.

I have had the same problem you're having and it may be due to those 'theorys'. The day you plant, harvest, feed, etc. may affect it.

Gardening can be very profitable and dually confusing. You should expect 'weird' outcomes when gardening. (Gambling?) :P

NOTE: I have successfully harvested a few dark ores using the same recipe. I did receive some Persikos and Rock Salt occasionally. The Rock Salt i used for crafting and the Persikos I Sold (W/the Persikos I did make profit so it wasn't too bad, simply dissapointing I didn't get a dark ore)

I hope all this helps you. GOOD LUCK Gardening!
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..