Total: 404679018
Today: 3309
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

- Bolt Maker - WW craft item

Posted: 2006-02-25 07:34:55
I'm failing to see the usefulness on this at all.
First, you have to waste 10,000 guild points to get
the item, which unless you have every other item already, is costly.
Then, your given the following recipes;

3x ash lumber
3x bolt head of choice
1x bundling twine
1x earth crystal

So, in a nutshell, you take away the need for 2 earth crystals and replace it with a bundling twine?
-the twine is about the same in price as the 2, if not more :(

And as if that already didnt seem like a waste of a possible good guild item.... whats with the no HQ??

Just doing the recipes as normal at high levels gives you the possibilitys of getting 33, 66, or 99 at one whack!
.. Im shure everyone see's where I'm going with this...

So, someone please tell me what it is about this guild item im not seeing please. There's just got to be a point.

-TR-

Posted: 2006-02-27 09:54:00
My guess, though I haven't used it, would be for lower level WW's to be able to make more bolts. Though I haven't noticed a bolt shortage on Pandemonium, not a huge price hike, so not really sure what prompted this action.

Posted: 2006-04-18 08:28:19
Boltmaker seemed like junk key item to justto offset the other crafts new key items.
I realy doesn't help the low level crafter level since you want to craft more as individual synths and it doesn't help the high level crafter all that greatly.
The only reason for this key item that comes to mind and the only use for it would be for is crafting bolts in the field. Since they changed bolt heads, fletchings and arrow heads to stack to 99, crafting amno in the field is pratical. The only 2 drawbacks that come to mind is the wood and crystals only stacking to 12. While SE has not addressed the wood, they now will let you save one stack of crystals if you carry a stack of bundeling twine. Also with it being one synth, it gives a person time to craft 1+ stacks while the mages are resting, rather than barely haveing time for one stack.

Personaly I would like to have seen a key item more like, lumbaryard with the ability to bundle lumber into stacks of 99 or something.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..