Total: 404681186
Today: 5477
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Feb. 20 Patch - Recipes

Page: 1 of 2Page 1 | 2
Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-20 13:56:08
Post here with any of the new and changed recipe details, from the February 20 patch. We also need any details about the new Crafting Tool key items, and the ingredients used in the recipes that use those Crafting Tools; how many Guild Points each Crafting Tool costs, the new recipes that use them, etc.

Posted: 2006-02-20 18:47:53
New recipe for Wise Gloves:

Earth
Silver Thread
Velvet Cloth
2x Saruta Cotton
Eltoro Leather
Leather Gloves

So they added Velvet Cloth to the old recipe. Still 89 cap based off recipe list.
---------------

Same recipe for Seer's Pumps. Still between Warrior's Belt and Studded Gloves on recipe list, so it must be the Clothcraft sub that was altered.

---------------

Raptor Helm is the same recipe, but subskill has switched from Goldsmithing to Smithing. Same place on recipe list.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-21 01:35:42
Thanks much; we'll get all those updated tomorrow.

Many new recipes are in, but it looks like there should be many more, involving the new key items to save crystals when synthesizing batches of items.

If anyone has information from the guild recipe lists, please post the details of the new/changed recipes, and we'll get them updated.

Posted: 2006-02-21 01:56:43
bolt maker is keyitem from WW guild it is 10k points.
to use this synth with crystal 3 lumber 3 bolt heads and 1 bundling twine. i HQ while doing this and only got 99 bolts.i'm not sure if HQ is supposed to mean more bolts or not but i didnt get more than 99 with each HQ.kinda seems like a wasted 10k points but maybe it will help with skillups.

Posted: 2006-02-21 02:39:57
Fletching & Spinning are both 10k GP items
Fletching:
Zephyr thread + 6x feathers = 18 bags, 24 HQ, 30HQ2

Spinning:
Spindle + 6x base material = 3 thread, don't know if it HQs, didn't attempt it.

Posted: 2006-02-21 03:09:02
Chaining and Sheeting are both 10,000 GP from the goldsmithing guild; presumably the same from smithing. Mandrels and Workshop Anvils can both be purchases for 75 gil apiece from the smithing guild shop, but not from goldsmithing. They stack to 12.
New recipes for them are:
fire crystal + workshop anvil + 6 ingots = 6 sheets
earth crystal + mandrel + 6 ingots = 3 chains (hq1: 6 chains, hq2 = 9 chains, hq3 = 12 chains).

Posted: 2006-02-21 04:19:55
HQed wool thread using spinning key item and HQ was 3 threads like NQ. Congratulations SE >_>

Posted: 2006-02-21 05:22:31
Hi-potion drops HQ into 2 and 3 so far. Wonder if they'll hit 4.

Posted: 2006-02-21 07:06:42
Trituration - Alchemy 10k GP
Concoction - Alchemy 20k GP

Posted: 2006-02-21 07:39:37
Tanning = 10,000 Guild Points
Tanning Vat = 75gil from Guild

BASIC RECIPE

Dark Crystal
Requirement: Tanning Skill

3 skins
3 windurstian tea leaves
1 distilled water
1 tanning vat
-------------------------
3 Leathers

Confirmed tanning recipes include Sheep Leather, Dhalmel Leather, Ram Leather.

Also, Breath Mantle is crafted via leatherworking and made from Fragrant Dhalmel Hide, which in turn requires Leather Ensorcellment. I didn't get the exact recipes though.

Posted: 2006-02-21 09:02:08
The use of a pastier in the new cooking synths leads me to believe that they would be in sweets...

I will check on this, and get some basic stats when I get online later.

Posted: 2006-02-21 13:20:10
I want to confirm tiger leather also for the Tanning tool.

The site's animal glue is missing the Triturator ingredient for the Trituration tool. I can't confirm the mistake right now, but Aerroenu has posted the Triturator is a requirement.
http://ffxi.somepage.com/discussion/General/7009

Posted: 2006-02-21 13:36:42
The recipe cap for Tavnazian Tacos is no longer 97, it has dropped to the 80's. Not sure exactly where, but i can confirm that it has dropped.

Posted: 2006-02-21 18:14:02
At the guild now. It falls between Pamama au lait and Emperor Roe. So it's now 81 or 82.

This a huge drawback to us cooks who were planning on skilling on them to cap of 97, but it's good for high level cooks to reach tier 1 HQ on them now.

Posted: 2006-02-21 23:28:28
New Carbona:

Simply replace the Olive Oil with Holy Basil.
Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-22 03:44:31
Thanks for the info, everyone. Many of these recipes have been updated now, and can be seen in the Compilation of Info; the rest will be added with the next update on Wednesday evening.

If any of the currently listed recipes are incorrect or incomplete, please post what needs to be fixed, so we can get them all filled in. The HQ have only been listed on the new ones that were actually verified; if you come across more HQ results that aren't listed, we'll be happy to see those, as well.

Posted: 2006-02-22 09:24:46
For Chocobo Fletchings at the very least, I can confirm a HQ2 of 30 bags using Zephyr Thread.

At a rough guess, most of these recipes could be extrapolated as being analagous to Lumberjack recipes.

Silver and Gold Thread need to be looked at closer, though, as their recipes already had up to 8 spools on HQ3 - since neither of them had any stack size alterations, it would look strange to get a crystal synth creating -two- stacks of items (it would be a first).
Administrator

Posted: 2006-02-23 07:30:46
All of the known recipes are now listed; if you have further info, please post it and we'll update further.

Posted: 2006-02-24 21:53:18
Using the new Trituration Firesand recipe (earth + 4 Bomb Ash + 2 Sulfur + 1 Triturator), I received the following results:

NQ: 4 Firesand
HQ: 8 Firesand (HQ1?)
HQ: 12 Firesand (HQ2?)

Posted: 2006-03-07 07:51:21
Quote from: Tristan Kain
Silver and Gold Thread need to be looked at closer, though, as their recipes already had up to 8 spools on HQ3 - since neither of them had any stack size alterations, it would look strange to get a crystal synth creating -two- stacks of items (it would be a first).

This behaviour is also seen on when using Bolt Maker, except bolts already had a HQ2/3 of 99 to begin with. Bolt Maker HQs are wasted.

I suspect this will be addressed in a future patch, so it's something to watch for.
Page: 1 of 2Page 1 | 2
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..