Total: 404679164
Today: 3455
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Greetings from Hydra

Posted: 2006-02-13 16:22:08
Greetings from Hydra. The land of cheap crystals and Halo junkies.

I have used the information on this site (mainly crafting recipes) To My Great Advantage. Except for when soulless #$%(#(s undercut my prices. :)

LVL 15 THF Wood 16 Smith 17 Goldsmith 21

Important Note!!!

GOLDSMITHING 21

LEVEL 15 THIEF.

I achieved the 21-30 rank after accepting the test at Job Level 14! Everything I've seen had led me to believe my goldcrafting would be capped until I hit LVL 18. Not so!!

I've been doing Legionaire/Bastokan upgrades since Job Level 13. The wait to get to use the better versions was agony. :)

I do not know if this is a Hydra-only thing, or if maybe Square snuck it in and nobody noticed. :) I will post a follow-up when I level my skill to 30.

I just spun the wheel of destiny and made a set of Thieve's Tools (x4) and got a 0.2 Goldsmith skill-up.

w00t!

Tin Ingots were painfully tedious. Crossbow Bolts moved along at a very good clip. Aspis were also tedious more-or-less for skillups, and I have to get a linkshell bud to fetch me more stacks of ash from San D'Oria.

I am really enjoying my Trade-In program swapping Legionaire's gear for Bastokan gear. Free for LS, and a modest charge for the unaquainted (typically difference in price between Bastok AH versions, maybe a little less)

Hopefully I will be able to keep my character, even if my safe full of crystals, lumber, ingots, and legionaire's / bastokan equipment is lost. :)

Favorite moments:
-Creeping up behind newbie Amber Quadav and sneak-attacking it for 108 points of damage.
-Making a signed Water Tank for a LS member who was going to take up alchemy.
-Brass-plating a Xiphos to resell and getting a Brass Xiphos +1. (@ GS 19/20)
-Getting 99 Wood Arrows 5 times (1 @ Woodcraft 4, 6, 7, 2 @ Woodcraft 5)

-Getting a Republic Cap when burning up brass ingots because I'm out of room. (ok, this one has not happened yet, but trust me, it'll be #1 on the list!!)

Posted: 2006-02-21 04:48:39
A fellow Hydrian, awesome. I've never heard of any crafting skill caps based on job level, but maybe I havn't looked in the right places. How is goldsmithing working for you? I've been doing cooking (lv15 I think?) and I'm having a hell of a time breaking even. Selling damn orange juice for 3 days now at 100 a pop and no ones biting. I may be switching crafts soon. Also, if we're allowed to keep our characters I can almost guarentee we won't keep any items. :

Posted: 2006-02-25 08:41:40
woodworking= 47
cooking= 67

stick with cooking for a bit, its fairly cheap to level 1-50, and as soon as you can make jack-o's , you'll start seeing potential.

As far as smithing and goldsmithing goes, I havent a clue. All i do know is, the HQ versions of the armors in the 40-60 range are extremely pricy items if you get that far (and lucky enough for HQ at that level)

Posted: 2006-02-25 13:27:38
Quote from: Oloruin

GOLDSMITHING 21

LEVEL 15 THIEF.

I achieved the 21-30 rank after accepting the test at Job Level 14! Everything I've seen had led me to believe my goldcrafting would be capped until I hit LVL 18. Not so!!

Job level has nothing to do with it. Your crafting skill needs to be 8/18/28/38/48/58/68/78/88 before you can take the test to the next rank. You can be job level 1 or level 75 and it won't change anything about crafting (other than Cooking where a 57NIN Katana has +Cooking on it.)
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..