Total: 404678350
Today: 2641
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Gardening Tips?

Posted: 2006-01-31 17:46:25
I want to start trying to garden platinum nuggets.

Brass Flowerpot + Light Crystal + Light Crystal

What day should i feed it the crystal for it to better my chance for this harvest? Also what kind of furniture should I get to better my chances? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 2006-02-08 19:44:38
Well first of all you'll be using tree cuttings as your seed, so plant ice day (any moon phase but new moon). check roughly roughly 64% light 36% dark harvest ice day on a full moon. results may vary depending on random factors the game calculates on its own but you should have a good harvest if you stick to this. (for additional tips check http://www.swapsonian.com/pikko/index.html)
Staff Member

Posted: 2006-02-26 12:26:11
Honestly (and I have 10 mules, all of whom have pots on them), I have not found much in checking at certain times or harvesting during certain moon phases. I do agree that the day you plant, the day you feed crystals, and the day you harvest all affect the outcome of your plantings.

That said, even "perfectly" planted and timed plants will sometimes give you little worms or rock salt. It's just the way SE likes to mess with our heads. ;) That's one of the reasons we only track the basic recipes on Somepage; when it comes down to it, that's all you need.

Also, I have gardening moghancement on quite a few of my mules (thank you oak tables), however I have found it doesn't seem to affect the harvest, but more prevents your plants from dying if you don't check them frequently.

Posted: 2006-03-08 13:42:11
Ok so yesterday I had a plant that when I checked on it my Moggle said it was ready to be picked. I clicked on the Harvest option and my Moogle says he can't do it. What is that about?

Posted: 2006-03-08 15:28:28
Quote from: EvilJayden
I clicked on the Harvest option and my Moogle says he can't do it. What is that about?

You need to clear some space from your bank. If you have 60/60, nothing can fit in there. If you have 58 or 59/60 and you get the message, it means the harvest is going to be multiple stacks. Just move some stuff out and Harvest will work.

Posted: 2006-03-18 00:37:12
Quote from: Sheeny
I clicked on the Harvest option and my Moogle says he can't do it. What is that about?

You need to clear some space from your bank. If you have 60/60, nothing can fit in there. If you have 58 or 59/60 and you get the message, it means the harvest is going to be multiple stacks. Just move some stuff out and Harvest will work.

Something to note: If say you're going for a harvest that only has a yield of 1 or 2, and you get that message with 1 or 2 spaces still available in your safe, don't even make space because you'll be getting a few stacks of rock salt or little worms. Just leave it alone and check back on a better day.

Posted: 2006-03-18 01:34:40
Quote from: Rose

Something to note: If say you're going for a harvest that only has a yield of 1 or 2, and you get that message with 1 or 2 spaces still available in your safe, don't even make space because you'll be getting a few stacks of rock salt or little worms. Just leave it alone and check back on a better day.

I thought that got fixed/nerfed? I stopped ever trying that since I'd heard it wouldn't change. Can you confirm it still works?

Posted: 2006-03-20 19:13:32
Quote from: Rose

I thought that got fixed/nerfed? I stopped ever trying that since I'd heard it wouldn't change. Can you confirm it still works?

No, I can't right now, I haven't tried it in a long while. I never heard it got nerfed so you're probably right, but we can try it.^^

Posted: 2006-07-28 04:34:45
i heard it got nefred too, but i still did it and so dod my roomate, and we noticed it did slightly improve results.
So instead of salt we got clusters, it seemed so ever so slightly of an increase that it makes me wonder if the nerf means it takes so long to wait for better results that by the time the time is right your plant is way over its glowrate or just dead lol
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..