Total: 404680101
Today: 4392
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Crafting Questions. Gear, Spells, MH.

Posted: 2005-11-28 16:38:40
Hi to everyone. First post so plz 4give me for any miss understandings. Ive searched this forum and many others for the questions im about to ask or i wouldnt be making this post. First off, Gear and Synth's.... does it make a diffrence? If im crafting something that requires an Earth Crystal. And im wearing lets say "Wind Staff" +15 earth, and some other gear that gets me to +23 on earth. Does it make a diffrence on your craft? Especially for skill ups on expensive materials. Does gear with " + element " actually effect anything? And if it does. How do u add the numbers up to equal a skill lvl? So you know what your adding to your lvl and Adv Synth support.

My other question is related to your Mog House. If you put any Furnishings in your MH, with " + whatever elemtn " does that contribute to your Synth lvl also? Ive read on here that adding "+ Lightning" furnishings in your MH raises your skill lvl in the Lightning area for a better chance when your De-synth'ing something. Better chance of HQ and less chance of breaking. Is any of this true?

Another question is related to "Bar spells". When using the WHM spell Barstonra or a RDM spell. Does that contribute to the Element's synth?

My last question is related to De-synth'ing. Im not to sure about how all this works other than when u take an Item and use a Lightning crystal to attempt to De-synth it. Does your Skill lvl have to be equal to the Base level of the item? or what? any pading area?

Thats prety much it, i do appricate your time in replying to this thread. Just alot of un-sure questions i couldnt find a Positive Yes or No to, or explinations. Thanks a bunch.

Posted: 2005-11-28 17:29:42
The first three questions have been asked tons of times, and the most reasonable answer imo seems to be "we don't know for sure." Some people say yes, some say no, some say it won't make enough of a difference. Moghancement: {insert element here} will sometimes mean that when crafting with {insert same element here} crystal, a break will result in less materials lost. Look up moghancements on this site. I have yet to see conclusive evidence to support wearing elemental gear affecting synth results.

Regarding desynths, generally speaking, the level for the desynth will be at or around the level of the item's crafting cap. Keep in mind that desynthing seems to have a higher chance of failure than normal synths.

Posted: 2005-12-07 09:12:12
As far as the Desynthing goes it's not necessarily the items lvl cap.

I.E. Parchement can be desynthed at Woodworking Lv. 2 and it's made at Leathercraft 31.

But for the most part it is generally at the item's lvl cap as stated before me.

a lot of desynthing info can be found in the FFXI database here on Somepage. Just use the links to your right.

Note: Also as stated before desynthing has a lower success rate so if you plan on desynthing for money definitely invest in tarutaru stools or other furniture that gives Moghancement: Desynth.

Hope this helps :)
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..