Total: 404680030
Today: 4321
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

HQ-ing synths with several skills

Posted: 2005-11-22 08:53:42
Taking as an example a Bone Harness (Capped at Bone26+Leather7), if I want to get a good HQ rate, do I need to be 31+ on only bone, or do I need to be 31, 51 etc above on BOTH bone and leather?

Thanks,

Willow
Administrator

Posted: 2005-11-22 18:49:03
The general consensus is that there is a check for all crafts in a recipe, when deciding if the result is a HQ or NQ. It's impossible to know if the calculation is the same for the main craft as the sub-crafts, but it certainly helps to have all of the required crafts higher than the cap, to increase the chance of HQ.

Posted: 2005-11-26 02:37:21
I suspect your HQ rate does go down unless both skills are above the cap. Tried making 12 Harpoons not long ago, with woodworking 40 above cap and bonecraft right at the cap, and got 12 NQs, no HQs at all. When making lumber at a similar cap, I get plenty of HQ results per 12 attempts. Good luck!

Posted: 2006-01-02 03:38:44
According to some other posts I've read recently on other forums, the exact same check is used on all skills/subskills. For instance, if you have 97+3 bone, and 63+1 (plus adv synth support of +2)leather, you have tier 2 HQ on both skills required for a scorpion harness, and thus have a 20-25% chance to HQ. Whereas, if you ahve 100 bone, and only 60 leather, you only have 10% chance, because leather is only tier1 HQ.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..