Total: 404679885
Today: 4176
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

how to start crafting

Posted: 2005-10-17 11:35:26
How do you start crafting things? I am new to the game and there seems to be very littel information on how to start crafting.

ps. i would like to go blacksmithing

Posted: 2005-10-30 04:44:28
Basicly crafting is relatively simple. first you need the raw materials and the crystals. Since you wish to start leveling smithing you are probably also a member of the goldsmithing guild. If you are not I suggest you do so toot sweet because the two go hand in hand. The materials you need for the beginning smithing levels can be bought from the goldsmith/smithing guild for anywhere from 9-20 gil per copper ore and relativly cheap prices for any other ores you might need. But if you are like me your too cheap (a.k.a. poor) to shell out al that gil.

Best thing to do is get a lvl one job and go out killing worms for copper and zinc drops. Or you can get some pickaxes and mine in zuruhn mines. Even if you are not from bastok I suggest you stick around just to get synth imagery effect for better skill up rates from the guilds. As for the crystals Fire will be the main one for the smithing and goldsmithing guild so go farm them from gobs, vultures or take a lvl 10 job up to the dunes and party till 14-15 and you'll get a good 2-3 stacks with signet on.

once you have all the materials you need find simple synths not too far above your range (E.g. level 0 smithing look at lvl cap 2-4 synths) good starting synths include but are not limited too 4 copper ores + 1 fire crystal= copper ingot; then 1 fire crystal + 1 copper ingot= copper sheet;
1 fire crystal + 1 copper sheet= copper scales. This should get you to 3-4 in no time with advanced imagry (30 gil ish) and few breaks. once to 4 try the harder stuff such as 1 fire+ 3 copper+ 1 zinc= bronze ingot; 1 fire +bronze ingot= bronze sheet; 1 fire+ bronze sheet = bronze scales. This will take you to around 10 and able to take the first test. after that just continue this type of process to advance pretty quick.

Most of the raw material you need for smithing/goldsmithing 0-20 is right around bastok and can be mined there easily or bought cheap. the trick is to find the recipes with slightly higher caps than your current lvl, this way even if your synth breaks there is still a chance of a skill up on it.

Hope this information helps^^ later.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..