Total: 404679882
Today: 4173
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Can find harddrive on PS2

Posted: 2005-10-16 19:21:10
Help,

I play on a PS2 and recently the game began to freeze often while in battles. This has occured more frequestly over the past 24 hours. Since then I recently rebooted and now cannot see the HDD (hardrive) from the browser menu. Having installed and reinstalled the HDD unit several times I am unable to bring up the HDD icon. Any suggestions?

Posted: 2005-10-18 20:55:29
You have to buy a new one... same thing happened to me. Or you could try taking your HDD out for awhile, and putting in maybe a day later, then let it sit in there (dont play it) for another day, and then see if it shows up. I had mine show up, but when I clicked it, nothing was there, so I closed it, and the HDD icon disappeared.. :|

But the best thing to do is try what I said, if not then.. you gotta buy a new one most likely, if not call SE (have fun waiting... 2 hrs on the line) or something and ask them.
E-bay would be your best bet for the HDD, since they're not mad anymore..

Anyways, goodluck on this, I'm on my second HDD, i'm always afraid now that if the power goes out, my HDD is fried and I'll have to search for another one.

Again, hope this helps. ^^

Posted: 2005-11-08 13:25:53
i've had this happen to me as well....
i called the PS2 service number for help and they told me to send it in...

it's been about a week now with no feed back, just the same "your package was recived, opened, and assined to a technician" message....

Posted: 2005-11-09 13:09:21
Just imagine if you will, how many HDD's do you think they have to work on? You might be waiting awhile since most businesses (even Sony) have a large supply but not enough manpower. Try and ask them what the usual turn around time is for those, otherwise if it were me I might ask a guy at a video game store if they would like to undertake the wait period (I doubt they would).

Posted: 2006-01-20 18:19:20
Lmao you dont need to buy a new one, or wait a day lmao, happened to me a couple of days ago, all i did was disconnect the HDD recheck everything put it back in and made sure it wasnt loose and was connected to the network adapter properly. after reinstalling it and booting up ps2 a message came up saying it was fixing my HDD. took like 1-2minutes and then BAM it was there again.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..