Total: 404678261
Today: 2552
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Desynthing

Posted: 2005-09-15 08:50:06
I have recently have becoming interested in the tarutaru stools as a means of have overwhelming elemental power in my mog house for the means of desist I originally had 5 ancient blood pictures on my wall and I had the mog enhancement: desist. Then I went and I added 11 tarutaru stools and that went away and changed and it became lightning. I went again and I added another 36ish tarutaru stools to my mog house and now I have overwhelming elemental power.

On Somepage.com they had the tarutaru stools as desist and not as lightning. Yes I know that tarutaru stools are lightning elemental and that should help me loose my materials less. My real question now is has anyone ever overwhelming desist in their mog house? If so how did you get it?

Has anyone seen a difference of having 5 ancient bloods compare to having 51 tarutaru stools? They obviously won’t stack because the lightning is the most dominant element so I might as well take those pictures out and sell them on AH.

Posted: 2005-09-15 11:15:37
desist = desynth teaches me to type stuff up in word

Posted: 2005-09-15 13:49:21
Quote from: Hazal
I originally had 5 ancient blood pictures on my wall and I had the mog enhancement: desist. Then I went and I added 11 tarutaru stools and that went away and changed and it became lightning. I went again and I added another 36ish tarutaru stools to my mog house and now I have overwhelming elemental power.

On Somepage.com they had the tarutaru stools as desist and not as lightning. Yes I know that tarutaru stools are lightning elemental and that should help me loose my materials less. My real question now is has anyone ever overwhelming desist in their mog house? If so how did you get it?

Has anyone seen a difference of having 5 ancient bloods compare to having 51 tarutaru stools? They obviously won’t stack because the lightning is the most dominant element so I might as well take those pictures out and sell them on AH.

You have:
5x Ancient Blood (Dark 3, Desynthesis)
15 Dark Energy
47x Tarutaru Stool (Lightning 2, Desynthesis)
94 Lightning Energy

You must have more furniture to have an overwhelming energy. So already everything is messed up and it's impossible to say where you went wrong. Rule #1 of Moghancements is to first take everything out.

What you're doing is trying to stack two desynthesis moghancements of different elements. The Ancient Bloods are Dark and won't contribute to building your elemental energy.

The Moghancement: Lightning (sure you don't mean lightning energy, not MH?) might be coming from this other furniture you have. But the simplest way to find out for sure if Tarutaru Stools are really MH: Lightning is to... try it. Remove *everything* but Tarutaru Stools. Don't leave flowerpots or mannequins or hangings behind. The resulting Moghancement is what Tarutaru Stools are.

Posted: 2005-09-15 15:38:23
While sitting at work (which I do alot of) I was thinking what I have done. I think I am going to take your advice and remove everything from my mog house but the stools and I should get the desynth enhancement, if it doesn't go to desynth I'll just stay with the lightning enhancement, which is also a good option.

Posted: 2005-09-20 08:42:22
The problem is that while the items have the same moghancement they do not stack together without the same element. I am guessing its overwhelming lightning you want and not dark so the paintings arent helping. I went with the taru stool meathod and it took 51 stools to get overwhelming (anything over 100 energy total).

Based on the various furniture changes I have gone through it seems no moghancement will stack unless it has same element. You can add other items with a different moghancement to add in as long as its lightning and as long as it doesnt total higher than your moghancement desynthesis. i.e. 26 stools for a total of 52 energy and other items with say moghancement lightning totaling 49 energy would give you your moghancement desynthesis with overwhelming power.

Well I hope this made sense and helped at least in someway. Really sleepy so I apologize if it didnt make sense lol

Posted: 2005-09-20 14:24:39
Quote from: Qoh
Well I hope this made sense and helped at least in someway. Really sleepy so I apologize if it didnt make sense lol

nope it makes sense, I had a flowerpot stand in my MH that messd up my enhancement, so I took it out.

I will be eventually shre my spreadsheets that I have made of all my desynths. To help eliminate any speculation on which days are the best, which are not. The criteria are, element (day), moon phase, direction, critical failures, and HQ's. Even though I am 450 desynths into it there is already some clear truths popping its ugly head through.

Posted: 2006-09-10 14:45:06
Its my understanding that the highest elemental power item is what determins the moghancement regardless of how many of an item you have in your moghouse. Ex. If you have nobles bed in your moghouse (elemental str. 12) and 40 tarutaru stools (elemental str. 2) your bed is going to decide the moghancement.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..