Total: 404680118
Today: 4409
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Desynthesis and Skill plus Items

Posted: 2005-08-09 10:34:41
I have a few very simple questions.

1) The Skill Plus Items (those items you get with guild points and that give you a +1 in that certain craft) really give you only a +1? Because I don't see that bonus in my list when I do Status / Crafts. So I supposed that it's not just a +1 but that "+1" represent a generic bonus given to that specific craftmanship. Do you have more detailed information on this issue?

2) Still about those items. There is one you can take after level 48 that gives you +1, then you get the apron. Even the apron gives you only +1? Or maybe +2? Are there any other bonus items you can get?

3) What about the Image support? The Simple and the Advanced one, what does it increase? The general skill? (+1? +2?) or maybe it increases the success rate? Or lessens the chances of having material loss?

4) About Desynthesys. I know it's pretty random, and that you have both high fail results, as well as high HQ rates. I've heard the rate of failure is around 33% but I have some questions about it. Is it related to your level? Well it is, since you can't try desynths that caps more than 15 levels above your current level, but what I mean is: would a level 100 Goldsmither have slightly more chances to successfully desynth a Mythril Earring, for example, than a level 50 Goldsmither? Or would the rate be the same? And wait, I'm not finished ^^ Would Advanced Synthesys support benefit Desynthesys too? And would desynthing on lightningsday benefit, as you're using Lightning Crystals, even if not to synth but to desynth?

5) Now about the bonus item you can get for 150k guild points. You put it in your mog house and you get the Craft Moghancement, which increases your ability in that craft. This should (and I repeat SHOULD, I'm not sure) increase everything (synth rate, hq rate, and lowers the chances of item loss). What about the power of elements inside mog house? The Element Moghancement (Moghancement Fire, Lightning, Wind and so on) and the Desynth Moghancement are influenced by the element power: the higher the element power the higher the power of that moghancement.
What about The Craft Moghancement? Is it one of those items who doesn't benefit from elemental increase in mog house? And, according to your informations, does it works on Desynth too, as well as normal Synth, or ONLY synthesys?

Thanks for your attention, and sorry for so many questions ^^

Posted: 2005-08-29 01:34:03
So I desynth often as I find a good source of gil. It seems to me that the rules that apply to normal crafting are reversed for desythn. For example; I get lower success rate with support. I face the opposite direction one would normally face for sythin a certian crystal, being SW for lightning. However Lightsday is clearly the way to go not lightningsday. I get about 80%-90% success on average with this method and a few superstitions i cannot confirm. One being never desythn when the moon is waxing, always waning. The other being always desythn inside my moghouse where i have strong lighting energy and Mogenhancement for dysythn. I also equip my Lightning Staff, lol, like I said superstitions. But it works well for me.

Posted: 2005-08-29 01:52:15
The +1 items do raise your skill lvl even though it doesnt show it under your crafts. Basicly you can test something like that out by trying a recipie that you are 1 lvl below the bare minimum to attemp it. By that meathod i can tell you synth support works based on lvls. If i remember right reg support increases your lvl by 1 and advanced by 2. lol funny story how i learned that. I was trying to get a craft high enough to be able 2 desynth a certain item so i carried one of those items on me while i skilled up. Every lvl i gained i tried to desynth it til it finally let me do it. After that i went out farming the items and then when i tried to desynth it said it was beyond my lvl. lol i remembered i had support when i was able 2 try b4 so went back for support and it worked.

Now with the moghancments and moghouse energy. I have moghancment desynthesis with powerful lightning energy.(so many taru stools >.>) The moghancement we all know just helps you to not lose materials on breaks. The energy i believe basicly increases success rate but not HQ. Since i have had powerful energy i fail alot less but dont really get more HQs. Not that i get less HQs either though.

o btw way anyone curious how much energy it takes to get powerful energy... it takes anything over 100 and flat 100 wont cut it. lol i had 50 stools for longest time and was mad i didnt get powerful energy yet then thought to try one more stool.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..