Total: 404680821
Today: 5112
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

How do I get the most skillups per run?

Posted: 2005-07-05 22:29:26
Ok I am very curious albeit very VERY confused about when I should craft to maximise skillups. It seems ive heard everything imagineable under the stars and then some. I want some solid info, preferably with data backing it up, as to what factors lead to maximum skillup.

I have been told making the synth hard helps skillup (IE Darksday, strong elemental day vs your crystal, new moon... etc etc.), Ive been told the opposite too that making the synth easy makes skillups more (IE lightsday, full moon, weak elemental day vs your crystal). I've heard that having the guild items like the shades and apron make skillups less, ive heard they make it more, ive even heard they don't affect skillup at all. I've heard that synthing the same day as the crystal increases skillups, ive heard it decreases them as well. I've heard that facing towards a certain element in the star chart helps/hinders skillup.

Ive heard a new theory about the elemental circle being composed of 2 inverted triangles and 3 crystals represent light (wind fire thunder) and 3 represent dark (earth water ice) and depending on what your crystal is aligned with can actually reverse skillup and hq rates (IE dark element crystals get skillup on new moon while light crystal elements get skillup on full moon).

I've heard skillups rates are the same no matter when you attempt it moon/day wise, i've heard said factors absolutely rule and govern the rates. I've heard skilling up on caps 5 lvls above your skill is best, ive heard that sometimes skill caps only 2 above your lvl is best.

I've seen the table on "The factors" in allakhazam's crafting forumn where having "the factors" equaling 3-5 makes skillups more.

In short...... NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION ON SKILLUPS.

My head is spinning and i'm more confused about this than I think i ever have been about anything. All I know for sure is that the tried standards don't seem to work for me. I did 43 skillup attempts in the past 2 weeks and gotten 0.3 skill (all same item) and its pissin me off.

For those who care i'm lvl 66.X goldsmithing with the shaded specs.

For the love of Altana and all that is holy on Vanadieel someone lift this veil of fog around skillups in crafting.

Posted: 2005-07-06 01:48:01
Nobody knows. Just go with it. 30-40 synths per level beyond 60 is standard.

Posted: 2005-07-12 22:32:58
try this

www.iluvitar.com/sections/ffxi/craft/crafttimer.html

it might atleast let you pick a better time to craft.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..