Total: 404680071
Today: 4362
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Double Attack Food? (Nero di Seppia)

Posted: 2005-06-25 13:11:49
"double attack" is listed as one of the effects of "niro di seppio". after making a couple stacks and trying 1 hours worth, i did not double attack once during the entire time on it. just wondering if it's a +% effect in which case would i need to be war or /war for it to take effect, or if it is a +# effect that should work with all jobs, and where the info came from that suggests that it adds double attack, thanks.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-25 13:19:47
It's always hard to figure out the new effects of food, especially for non-obvious stats like that. The Double Attack effect for the Nero di Seppia is listed on most Japanese websites that have food effects, although the amount isn't certain. Most of their info on these sort of effects comes from the booklets that Square-Enix publishes in Japanese that provide info about chanages or additions in patches, a few months after the patch goes live.

Any item, food or otherwise, that adds/enhances Double Attack just increases the ability of the level 30 Warrior Job Trait. To the best of my knowledge, you will not get a Double Attack ability without having a Warrior job or subjob that is high enough level to already have that trait active. So, the only way to know for certain would be to test with a Warrior job/subjob, with and without the food. If you are using this on a non-Warrior job/subjob combo, the Double Attack effect will not activate.

Posted: 2005-06-29 03:12:57
thanks much :-)

Posted: 2005-08-24 02:17:47
Hm.. Indra Katars have the effect of "Triple Attack +1%" but cannot be used by thieves, and since Triple Attack is level 55 for thieves, a THF subjob wouldn't be able to give this trait, so the user of Indra Katars must recieve the effect of triple Attack right?

Isn't Double Attack level 25 for Warrior?

Posted: 2005-08-24 14:57:25
Quote from: Kuponut
Hm.. Indra Katars have the effect of "Triple Attack +1%" but cannot be used by thieves, and since Triple Attack is level 55 for thieves, a THF subjob wouldn't be able to give this trait, so the user of Indra Katars must recieve the effect of triple Attack right?

Isn't Double Attack level 25 for Warrior?

Correct on both counts.
Administrator

Posted: 2005-08-24 15:03:34
Yes, Double Attack is level 25 Warrior, not 30.

As for the Katars, one imagines that the "Triple Attack" effect must indeed activate regardless of whether you have it or not, for the reasons listed.

This actually brings up a good question that relates to some work I'm doing on the site at the moment: which "Enhances" or "Increases" effects only raise an effect that already has to be active? Most of them (such as the Killer effects, like Enhances Aquan Killer Effect) just give you the effect if you don't already have it.

The only one I know that is this way, absolutely for certain, is Enhances Dual Wield Effect -- if you don't already have Dual Wield from a Ninja job/subjob, the effect does nothing. I believe that the Double Attack effects mentioned above work the same way, but I can't be sure. Anyone have proof/info on any other such effects?

Posted: 2005-08-25 04:08:11
for what its worth, i've played with a tripple dagger (http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/108) as a rdm/blm, and had it activate.
was very very rare that it did.
forgive the pun, but only about 1% of the time.
it doesnt say "increse tripple attack+1%" it says "you get tripple attack but it'll only work 1% of the time, but if you have tripple attack from other things like THF main, it'll stack"

on the "enhance dual wield":
doesnt ninja get some traits that slowly lower the delay between each hand?
the "enhance dual wield" items probly work the same way.
if you have dual (nin/ or /nin) it'll be like having 1 more notch in that trait.

similar to how RDM's fastcast slowly gets better and better, and there are items that "enhance" it (AF hat/af2 body), but unless you have rdm/* or */rdm, its not going to do any good.

Posted: 2005-09-07 11:01:52
Almost every Enhances, +, +% will give you that trait. Think of it like this any trait you dont have is set to 0 and by having equipment that is +1 in it then you just raised that # to 1, therefore giving the trait a chance to activate.

The reason why "Enhance Dual Weild" doesnt work is because its basically Hasting you. The formula for it is something like this (Delay1 + Delay2)(DW) DW changes w/ equip and trait and etc. So lets say u have 2 200 delay weapons and u have DW1. 400(.1)=360. By adding a DW piece of equipment that increases the multiplier by .01 it would change to 400(.11)=356. The point of this was to show you that by adding .01 haste to your dual weild trait your not going to get DW. :p
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..