Total: 404680975
Today: 5266
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Does Imagery effect chances of HQ?

Posted: 2005-06-01 19:16:33
Ok, im a cook and I was wondering if normal or advenced imagry effects my chance on a high quality or just synthisising it. I have had advanced imagery while cooking pamama tarts and when it wore off i got 2 high quality so whats the deal on it?
Administrator

Posted: 2005-06-03 22:00:08
This is one of those things that is difficult to say for certain, because of the random nature of so much of crafting and specifically HQ results. It is generally thought that Imagery does not change the chances of HQ, or at least does not decrease it.

Posted: 2005-06-04 05:56:28
I have found when trying to get HQ, if I have any kind of support on it decreases it severly.
Support increases the chance of NQ and reduces chance for breaks. Good for skilling up, but not useful for trying to get HQ's.

Posted: 2005-06-07 12:44:54
I think what you saw was the random factor in terms of when the HQ hit. Did the day change? Did the moon phase change? There are many variables which could affect these HQs besides image support.

However, it's generally agreed upon that you can get advanced support to break one of the HQ tiers (31+, 51+ are the most useful). So if you're 50 levels above the cap of the item you are trying to HQ and you get image support, that should put you in the 51+ tier and give you the ~50% HQ rate.

Of course, that rate isn't guaranteed but is affected by a variety of (mostly unknown) factors. If the variables are different, I've gotten a 25% - 30% HQ rate on an item I can also consistently get a 70% HQ rate.
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..