Total: 404680785
Today: 5076
Yesterday: 25763

Items: 9505
Mobs: 4024
Recipes: 3285
NPCs: 2066
Quests: 570

Final Fantasy XI Discussion BoardDiscussion Boards -> Crafting, Chocobo Digging, and Fishing

Moon Phase + Day?

Posted: 2005-05-19 09:33:19
What is the best Moon Phase and Day to craft?
Like, which combo of the two is best for Skill-ups, which is best for getting higher-quality items while crafting, etc.

Posted: 2005-05-19 14:27:05
While that seems like a simple question to you, it is very very complicated and there are so many different theories around that anything anybody posts is pure speculation.

Posted: 2005-05-19 15:40:25
I always thought it was a simple question myself; however, in my experirnce if I craft on a day opposite to the crystal I'm working with then I get better skill up. It's not always true but for the most part, it is.

There are also theories on the direction faced when synthing. I always know in the back of my mind that "if i hold my mouth just right" it'll work. LOL!!

Try and test, the moon phases + days on something you know you can synth-- and see what works for you. In my opinion that's the best advice I can give.

Posted: 2005-05-19 16:19:21
Yes what Eimatt said, you have to play it with a little and get a feeling for things and form your own theories. There are some things that are fact though:

-HQ chance jumps significantly at 11, 31, and 51 levels about the skill cap of that item.

-When concidering variables other than skill, HQ rate, failure rate, loss of material rate, and skill up rate are all directly related. The higher your chance of HQ and skill up, the more risky the synth is.

Possible variables that effect these rates include:
-Day
-Moon phase
-Time of day
-Season
-Direction faced
-Furnishings
-Equipment
-many others

These are all speculations and I personally believe things like equipment and furniture (other than the guild equipment and your active mogenhancement) have no effect, but some say it does. In any case the formula is much more complex than most people realize.

Posted: 2005-05-19 21:24:58
Here's a Link for you to check out. Don't have too much to add to the discussion other than i tend to craft on Lightsday and Full Moon for the best overall skill ups. But this is kmore personal i think also

Posted: 2005-05-20 00:05:41
Well, the little bit of information that that link does provide is half wrong. And Lightsday/Full Moon is the best time in some situations. As I said, it's best to just keep a log of your synths and figure out when the best time to craft is for you.

Posted: 2005-05-29 13:59:28
While you may think that the theory is wrong, people have written logs out and done studies, and that has lead to the widely approved craft timer that is linked to above.

Posted: 2005-05-29 21:03:03
It's partially right... but I can promise you 100% that it's very misleading info. I now have a log of over 2100 synths to verify my data. I am 100+3 woodworking 100 fishing, and 60 in all other crafts. Nobody has ever posted a crafting theory that is 100% correct, me included. As I said in previous posts... do your own research and keep your own logs. Weeding out which theory's are correct, partially correct, or complete hogwash is part of the crafting experience, as well as forming theory's of your own.

Posted: 2005-05-31 12:41:46
Dumb question, but when you say "HQ chance jumps significantly at 11, 31, and 51 levels about the skill cap of that item", do you mean specifically 11, 31 and 51, or do you mean 11-30 has a better chance, 31-50 an even better chance, and 51+ an even better chance? I'm pretty sure it's the latter but I just wanna double-check :)

Posted: 2005-05-31 13:51:11
Picture tiered synths like a staircase. Your HQ rate stays steady at 5=10% from +11 to +30 above. Then at +31, you take a step up on the staircase. Now your HQ rate is 35-40% until you hit +51... then you take another step up.

_____|
|
____|

+11 +31 +51
Sponsors

Order: Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (PC)(PS2)(XBOX 360)
somepage.com privacy policy
All original content and graphics © 2004-2010 Somepage.com, Inc.. All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..